Samsung KS9000\8000 Owners Thread Part 2

The Limey

Reaction score
4W4wTg.jpg

This is a continuation of the discussion from here:
Samsung kS9000\8000 Owners Thread

Well just to say - after nearly 4 months, I am still happy with mine! Can't to see how good games look in over 1080p (upto 4k) HDR on my Pro next week!

I love mine as well, but I also hate it with a passion.

Just brought the KS8000....Have not had a chance to play with it but couldn't resist buying it!

Happy with mine too even though i was at first concerned about the light bleed in the corners while watching hdr content but that doesn't go into the actual picture. but after loads of messing and getting some bias lighting I am very happy. And yeah that 4k image is stunning.

Started a seperate post before seeing this owners thread.. Wondering if anyone can help..

I have just purchased a UE55KS9000 for my first 4K HDR TV. I've set it up expecting to be blown away but have been left a bit disappointed.

It seems to suffer from quite bad backlight bleeding. I am not technical with TVs at all, was hoping to get a great pic with some minor tweaks to the standard settings, so don't know if this is normal and to be expected or I really have a dodgy set.

I have attached a couple of pics taken in the complete dark. The pics do make it look worse but show the size of the marks you can see when the screen is black, it's quite distracting!

Any help or advice at all much appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_9435.JPG
    IMG_9435.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,608
  • IMG_9436.JPG
    IMG_9436.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 2,654
  • IMG_9437.JPG
    IMG_9437.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 2,631
  • IMG_9437.JPG
    IMG_9437.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 2,565
Started a seperate post before seeing this owners thread.. Wondering if anyone can help..

I have just purchased a UE55KS9000 for my first 4K HDR TV. I've set it up expecting to be blown away but have been left a bit disappointed.

It seems to suffer from quite bad backlight bleeding. I am not technical with TVs at all, was hoping to get a great pic with some minor tweaks to the standard settings, so don't know if this is normal and to be expected or I really have a dodgy set.

I have attached a couple of pics taken in the complete dark. The pics do make it look worse but show the size of the marks you can see when the screen is black, it's quite distracting!

Any help or advice at all much appreciated!

That looks quite bad. yet another curved version with issues. I am absolutely amazed these are being sent from the factory like this.

what file types can the KS8000 play from external sources avi, mkv, mp4 ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161105-103856.png
    Screenshot_20161105-103856.png
    387 KB · Views: 2,858
I have a two year baby girl soon as i turn my back her hands s8r on my tv which is a **** to clean at 1st i used to clean it and made it look worse it would leave like a Blue Streak but no i don't hv that problem I use a microfiber cloth with a very small bit of Buxton water wipe it gently than with the dry part of cloth dry it s8r away i no longer get them blue marks DO NOT USE TAP WATER IT LEAVES MARKS for some reason bottle water don't leave them marks it's up to you to try this but it work's a treat i used to go in to afit of rage when anyone touch my tv it's not such a big problem any more

Well thrown my packaging away today so looks like this one is a keeper.

Had mine two months now, 65" KS8000. Overall I am pleased barring some issues:

(1) both Freeview and Freesat TV occasionally exhibits a small jutter, as so the image goes in to slow motion then suddenly picks back up to normal smooth motion. This is without any automotion tech enabled. Why is this? My Panasonic G20 never had this issue.

(2) Freeview's 'book me' green button badge, if you change channel when this is on screen it becomes stuck permanently. Only way to remove it is to unplug the TV.

As others, I am excited to try out the PS4 Pro with it.

Well just to say - after nearly 4 months, I am still happy with mine! Can't to see how good games look in over 1080p (upto 4k) HDR on my Pro next week!

HDR looks awesome with the xbox one slim, no reason it wouldn't with the pro

What's it like online is the input lag still great i just turned uhd colour on set my normal ps4 to hdr put it in game mode and the input lag was shocking what am i doing wrong i also hv a high speed 100pound hdmi cable got two free when i got my TV this is the 1st since i have had the tv that i need help Cheers peeps

What's it like online is the input lag still great i just turned uhd colour on set my normal ps4 to hdr put it in game mode and the input lag was shocking what am i doing wrong i also hv a high speed 100pound hdmi cable got two free when i got my TV this is the 1st since i have had the tv that i need help Cheers peeps
Glad you didn't pay for those 100 quid cables Stu. A 5 quid one would do the same. Surprised they didn't give you cheap ones as that's where they make their profit:laugh:

As for the lag I have no idea, I've had my xbox one s in game mode hdmi colour and playing hdr and lag is fine but then I'm only playing Forza Horizon 3.
Have you tried the other picture modes? I heard or read the input lag is the same. I may be wrong and someone else who is more of a gamer could help better.

I know - I have the XB1s too but the Pro has the added advantage of extra native pixels...

Glad you didn't pay for those 100 quid cables Stu. A 5 quid one would do the same. Surprised they didn't give you cheap ones as that's where they make their profit:laugh:

As for the lag I have no idea, I've had my xbox one s in game mode hdmi colour and playing hdr and lag is fine but then I'm only playing Forza Horizon 3.
Have you tried the other picture modes? I heard or read the input lag is the same. I may be wrong and someone else who is more of a gamer could help better.

I fail to see any benefit using Game Mode on this TV, the lag difference is barely noticeable, HDR doesn't seem to affect anything. I use movie mode, the image on Horizon 3 looks tons better, Game Mode will always crush your image, with other TV's game mode is a must, on the KS8000 you don't need it at all....there, I said something good about the KS8000, jeez, I feel dirty.

does anybody use sports mode - picture seems too high contrast and colour for my liking but does it make a difference to watching Rugby .... or football i suppose

I fail to see any benefit using Game Mode on this TV, the lag difference is barely noticeable, HDR doesn't seem to affect anything. I use movie mode, the image on Horizon 3 looks tons better, Game Mode will always crush your image, with other TV's game mode is a must, on the KS8000 you don't need it at all....there, I said something good about the KS8000, jeez, I feel dirty.

Yeah I agree, I first played Forza on Standard and thought it looked great as soon as I tried game mode it looked nasty.

does anybody use sports mode - picture seems too high contrast and colour for my liking but does it make a difference to watching Rugby .... or football i suppose

I never use 'Sports' mode! I hate the overall saturation the picture gives and prefer the more 'natural' look myself.

I certainly notice the difference in Lag but then I have become accustomed to using 'Game' mode over the years and find anything above 30-40ms feels a bit unresponsive. If I were to use Movie mode for example, the Lag seems to take a lifetime but its still only a bit more than a 10th of a second in reality. A tenth of a second is still an incredibly small time in reality - Games like CoD which are renown for quick kill times - still take around 3-4 tenths of a second to kill someone.

Lag in game mode though is around 2 hundredths (0.02s) of a second and around a tenth of a second quicker than movie mode (around 0.12s). On games like CoD, that difference is the difference between getting the first shot in or being shot first.

Input Lag is essentially the delay between the TV receiving an image and that image being shown on screen. It may seem like there is a delay in pressing a button on a controller and seeing that action on screen. In a fast paced Multi-player, Lag can be important. An enemy could come round a corner and start shooting you before you actually see them on your screen. At 60fps, a low input lag is essentially only 1 frame behind but in Movie mode, this can be as high as 8/9 frames behind.

Game Mode certainly doesn't crush the image at all. You have just got used to seeing games etc with all the processing which basically overlays a filter over the image. All 'Game mode' does is turn off a lot of the 'processing' and motion options that delay the time it takes for the image to appear on screen. When watching the TV, it doesn't matter if the TV spends a tenth of a second processing the image before displaying it. It basically takes the supplied image and then applies various electronic processes before displaying that on the screen, the more processes, the longer it takes. Think of it like running a set of 'macros' on a photograph in photoshop. The less macro steps, the quicker it finishes.

The image in Game Mode is at it's most 'raw' in essence. It doesn't crush the info but its also not applying as many 'filters' or image processing. I don't know what console you use but have you set up your console and TV 'Game' mode correctly? Are you running the console through an Amp or directly into the OCB?

I see you have an XB1s as I do and that can be set to 10bit colour (to match the 10bit Panel) and I have mine connected directly to HDMI3. The PS4 Pro isn't out yet but when I get mine, I will connect that directly to HDMI2. I also have the colour set to Native on my TV.

Yep, and me mate. :smashin:

i am also pleased with mine, getting a replacement on friday as back was coming off on day of delivery so i just hope the panel is as good as this one, been waiting over 2 weeks due to waiting for new stock to arrive at JL so shouldcbe good.... unless samsung recycle all the returns

I know - I have the XB1s too but the Pro has the added advantage of extra native pixels...

you mean 'Checkerboard Rendering' upscaling which the xb1 slim does - only difference really it has more grunt in the video card

i am also pleased with mine, getting a replacement on friday as back was coming off on day of delivery so i just hope the panel is as good as this one, been waiting over 2 weeks due to waiting for new stock to arrive at JL so shouldcbe good.... unless samsung recycle all the returns

If the only issue is the back coming off, I think I would be tempted just to fix it back on myself - buy some superglue or something. I know I am pleased with mine and that a good portion are too. I know forums like these do attract dis-satisfied owners looking for answers to their concerns are most likely to frequent the forums so can skew the perception of the product. That being said, it does seem like a fair few have had issues with more than 1 TV. Therefore I don't know that I would take the chance on swapping a TV I am happy with if its just (I don't mean that lightly but its not a 'major' issue affecting operation or PQ) the back coming off...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom