Samsung KS9000\8000 Owners Thread Part 2

Does anyone know how / if I can tune my sky eye to the KS9000?
Just got the tv setup in my bedroom and can't for the life of me work it out and searching on google hasn't helped!
I have my sky to output on channel 25 but still can't find anything on the Samsung! ☹️

Forget the Atmos effect bar and go full atmos. Tell her that 7.1.4 is the way to go. :)
Some of the new speaker designs are very unobtrusive.
Although I only manage 5.1.4, Denon/Audyssey visualise my setup as below and that's pretty much as is.
View attachment 884076
Lee
Awesome set up mate! Would certainly like to get a System again!

Can anyone recommend any scenes/images I could use to test my screen for clouding/light bleed please?

Can anyone recommend any scenes/images I could use to test my screen for clouding/light bleed please?

Don't go looking for faults because chances are you'll find them. If you can't see clouding in normal viewing just enjoy your TV. Most panels from every manufacturer will have a fault of some kind. Trick is not to go looking for them. You'll never be happy if you go down that route. Take it from me. [emoji6]

Quick update on my ks9000 light bleed screen. I got in contact with Samsung and sent some pictures over and also got in contact with the retailer 'crampton and moore ' and they insisted they will contact samsung.
Had a phone call today and they admitted there was a problem and are sending an engineer out to fit a brand new screen.
Was initially wanting a new TV but then thought like others who have got a replacement you could havethe same problem.
So am happy with getting a new screen as long as it sorts the problem and the retailer said if after a new screen I'm not happy to get back in touch and they'll be on the case.
Only had the tv since late May so within the six months where you can go back to the retailer.
Will report back when the engineer has been [emoji106]

Does anyone know how / if I can tune my sky eye to the KS9000?
Just got the tv setup in my bedroom and can't for the life of me work it out and searching on google hasn't helped!
I have my sky to output on channel 25 but still can't find anything on the Samsung! ☹️

Can anyone help with this? Not sure how / if I can tune it in![emoji58]
I have light bleed too but think I can live with it...or should I call samsung for a new screen?
Bought from John Lewis a week ago and no more in stock...got the 49" and just in the bedroom so if it was front room would be a bit more annoyed...

Can anyone help with this? Not sure how / if I can tune it in![emoji58]
I have light bleed too but think I can live with it...or should I call samsung for a new screen?
Bought from John Lewis a week ago and no more in stock...got the 49" and just in the bedroom so if it was front room would be a bit more annoyed...

An analogue tuner is in the spec but as there are no longer analogue broadcasts very few people will use the feature.
You will have to run setup and look for the analogue option. Sky RF2 output on the old boxes uses an analogue signal so you wont find it looking for DTV channels.

Lee

Hi... im currently looking at the 49" ks9000 as there is a few refurbished ones about at decent prices..( annoyed i miised the £799 john lewis deal!!!)_ im just a little worried at the amount of refurbs about? are alot of these being returned for any reason? any common inherent faults? or should i just pull the trigger and am worrying over nothing? thanks!

Hi... im currently looking at the 49" ks9000 as there is a few refurbished ones about at decent prices..( annoyed i miised the £799 john lewis deal!!!)_ im just a little worried at the amount of refurbs about? are alot of these being returned for any reason? any common inherent faults? or should i just pull the trigger and am worrying over nothing? thanks!
Check out Crampton and Moore decent price at the moment

Been working away for a few weeks so catching up with the thread.

I also noticed the poor PQ since the last update. (being away from the TV for weeks helps)

I had great tweaked settings on 'standard' so switched to 'natural' mode. That is a very good PQ (for me anyway) but begs the question, what exactly do Samsung do with these updates. That so many of us see a poorer PQ, they must be doing something wrong.

Glad I have not updated to the latest, By the sounds of it.

To be honest, 90%+ of my viewing is done with the TV's own sound. I live in quite a quiet area so I find the sound more than just adequate for me. Volume wise, I tend to find 10-14 is enough to be able to hear everything from anywhere in my house so that may tell you how quiet my area is. I do have my TV hooked up to a 5.1 Home Theatre system and occasionally enjoy a movie or two with the full surround sound but a lot of what I watch doesn't really need it - things like Football or Wimbledon for example.

I do have every intention of upgrading my Surround Sound at some point - preferably to an Atmos (although not one with Ceiling Speakers) but I also want it to be 'eARC' compatible too.

Generally though, I find the TV speakers are more than adequate but then I do enjoy the odd movie or two with the full surround sound too.
You forgot to mention games :)

I never play the PS now without the amp on.

Ive taken a look at the recommended settings from AVForums. I notice there is only 1 profile for HDR rather than a day/night one. Is that correct? Surely during the day you'd want a brighter image than evening/night?

If the backlight is set to max for HDR, does this mean the entire image is brighter for HDR, not just the highlights?
that is the point of HDR :)

Awesome set up mate! Would certainly like to get a System again!
That set up is cool but it's a no no for me tho having a baby girl and dog running around the house this is my set Samsung atmos bar with rear speaker's it's bloody fantastic the atmos from this sound is unreal. I get 5.1.4 the soundbar as 9 front facing speaker's and two up firing speaker's the rears have two front and two up firing speaker's and a really powerful sub this gets loud really loud everyone that comes to my house is blown away by it and this soundbar as just got even better we got an update and it now supports dts. This was missing b4 hand. Hope this helps[emoji16]
20170713_182406.jpg
20170713_182715.jpg

It really depends on the time of day, the game etc for me. If I am playing online - like CoD, BF etc when audio is important, most often I game with a 'headset' so get the surround sound via that. Some games can still be ok to use the TV's 'adequate' audio. I don't always want the full surround sound when maybe roaming around or farming in an open world game or just running through a campaign, trophy or achievement hunting on a specific mission etc. As I said, its on a per-game basis and often use the headset when its more 'important'. I still use the Surround Sound occasionally when gaming and would probably use it more frequently when Atmos arrives and I upgrade my TV and sound system to use eARC.

So my 49KS8000 refurb from Richer Sounds arrived. No dead pixels or obvious light bleed (to these untrained eyes), I have run the YouTube tests.
No smart remote but for £700 + delivery I'll suffer that. Thanks to those on here who gave opinions / advice on my decision, happy enough I didn't shell out another £500 for the Sony.

Last edited:

On the Dolby Atmos demo Bluray there is a clip of actual game footage from Star Wars Battlefront with Atmos sound track. It is absolutely incredible. Especially Tie fighters flying overhead and the orbital strikes.

Lee

On the Dolby Atmos demo Bluray there is a clip of actual game footage from Star Wars Battlefront with Atmos sound track. It is absolutely incredible. Especially Tie fighters flying overhead and the orbital strikes.

Lee

This is why I am looking to upgrade my Audio to Atmos. I can't mount Speakers into my ceiling so looking at a system that bounces audio off the ceiling. I also want to ensure the system is eARC compatible so I can pass audio through the TV.

Next up for me though is the Xbox X as I don't think any TV yet has eARC and Game VRR

This is why I am looking to upgrade my Audio to Atmos. I can't mount Speakers into my ceiling so looking at a system that bounces audio off the ceiling. I also want to ensure the system is eARC compatible so I can pass audio through the TV.

Next up for me though is the Xbox X as I don't think any TV yet has eARC and Game VRR
If you do take a look at the Samsung atmos bar it's amazing just watched the new xxx tonight and the atmos in that film was fantastic.

My KS9000
First 3 pics original tv
Second 3 pics the replacement TV

Attachments

• IMG_2868.JPG
    IMG_2868.JPG
    776.7 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_2869.JPG
    IMG_2869.JPG
    488.3 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_2876.JPG
    IMG_2876.JPG
    166.9 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_2981.JPG
    IMG_2981.JPG
    504.1 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_2982.JPG
    IMG_2982.JPG
    784.6 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_2985.JPG
    IMG_2985.JPG
    377.5 KB · Views: 149
Man, these KS series sets are bloody terrible for watching Wimbledon on an interlaced signal. The stuttering is a joke, making it borderline unwatchable at times. It's far, far worse than in any football match I've watched, which iseems very odd as it's a much less busy image with slower action. These sets really need a much faster processor in them to deinterlace the image without introducing visual lag and frame drops. My Sky subs are up for renegotiation in a couple of weeks so I'll be pushing hard for a good Q deal. Please tell me the progressive signal will eliminate this stuttering as it's the one single thing about my 65KS9000 that I really don't like.

My KS9000
First 3 pics original tv
Are you going to get a third replacement or look for a fix?
Mine is quite similar and Samsung are fitting a new screen

Man, these KS series sets are bloody terrible for watching Wimbledon on an interlaced signal. The stuttering is a joke, making it borderline unwatchable at times. It's far, far worse than in any football match I've watched, which iseems very odd as it's a much less busy image with slower action. These sets really need a much faster processor in them to deinterlace the image without introducing visual lag and frame drops. My Sky subs are up for renegotiation in a couple of weeks so I'll be pushing hard for a good Q deal. Please tell me the progressive signal will eliminate this stuttering as it's the one single thing about my 65KS9000 that I really don't like.

My stuttering issues were fixed by swapping from Sky HD to Sky Q

My KS9000
First 3 pics original tv
I get similar light bleed if I leave the backlight at max for HDR, but if I drop it down then it disappears most of the time.
For standard I have backlight set to 7 for daytime, 3 for night, and for HDR I've dropped it down to 12, and sometimes down to 8.
I have found even for HDR the isn't much difference in the picture, and it is actually more comfortable to view, as on full, the brightness was painful to my eyes.
Although still considering making a complaint, and swapping it, as you shouldn't really have these sort if light bleed issues. Not sure it's worth the hassle as other people have swapped them 2 or 3 times and still get the same problems.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom