• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Samsung KS8000 or LG B6

TwixyFingers

Novice Member
Hi there,

I'm trying to decide which tv set i should get for my living room.
My viewing distance from the tv is about 9 ft', the living room has some light but its not facing the tv, with that being said, i mostly watch tv after sunset.

Where i'm from the 65" ks8000 costs about 2500$ and the 65" B6 costs about 4000$... yeah i know prices are high here...
The B6 is quite expensive for me but i don't wanna buy something and be disappointed.
Currently i have an old Samsung 46" 6000 series from 2012, and i've always noticed light bleed on dark scenes while watching tv shows and movies like GOT or Interstellar.

I will be using this tv mainly for watching Netflix, Amazon, PS4 and some casual cable for news, talk shows etc...

I thought about getting the 55" B6 but i feel it will be unsatisfying at that distance.

Is the B6 worth another 1500$?

What would you guys pick if you were me?

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
I wouldn't go for OLED for a 1500 premimum.

What sound system are you using? That 1500 can give you a really good sound system w/AVR, subwoofer which will hold its value and surpass the performance of ANY TV you by 5 years from now.

Likewise 1500 can get you a freaking projector to couple with your TV.

You'll be paying a HUGE premium for an infinitely better set but still not perfect. I'm not a fan of putting my eggs in one basket from that perspective.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom