Samsung KS8000 or KS9000

n0bles

Novice Member
Reaction score
Did a search but nothing came up as a direct comparison.

I have the option of getting either in 55" and the price difference is just €100.

Should i go for the curved 9000 or save the cash and get the 8000.

I had a JS9000 but sent it back as the left side of the panel was way brighter than the right side.

There's no difference apart from the curve as far as I know. Samsung curved tv's have auto depth enhancer but vs the flat but that a curved tech only. I guess it depends on how much you prefer the curve.

The only difference is the Curve and related setting option. All Samsung Curved TV's have a depth enhancement setting which the KS8000 does not. Other than that, the rest of the specs are identical - the quality of the speakers, the twin tuners etc.

The KS8000 also won What Hifi's TV of the year award for 2016!

Basically the KS9000 is the curved KS8000 (UK model numbers) In the US these are both part of the 9 series TV's - KS9000 (UK KS8000) is flat, KS9500 (UK KS9000) curved and 9800 (UK KS9500) curved FALD. I think these model numbers are actually better as they keep the range together and a bit less confusing. Its similar to the KS7000 (flat) and KS7500 (curved) model numbering in the UK

Hmm. I've heard bleeding and clouding effected a high number of ks8000 TVs....as such was looking to get the xd9305....thread comments suggested it's ok.

Hmm. I've heard bleeding and clouding effected a high number of ks8000 TVs....as such was looking to get the xd9305....thread comments suggested it's ok.
I would say the opposite. The Samsung KS TVs are generally reviewed as having better screen uniformity then the Sony's.

The only time the screen uniformity might be better on the Sony is if you're watching a movie with black bars because it has its edge lights on the side rather than bottom like the Samsung.

But every LCD you'll get clouding/dirty screen effect to a degree and a lot depends on how sensitive you are too it and how lucky you get with the panel. To avoid it you can only go OLED.

I never quite know what to believe when people complain about clouding etc on this forum. Are they expecting too much? Are they extra sensitive? Have they got an unlucky panel? Are they running with the backlight high and expecting no bleed? Most reviews with even the best LCDs state once calibrated there's no visible clouding or bleed but that's when they have the backlight set lower. In HDR there will always be bleed because it's set at its max and if people go searching for faults like using white images on black backgrounds etc of course there will see bleed.

I feel that these people will only be satisfied with an OLED and probably then they will complain about vignetting or near black banding or whatever fault they can find with the OLEDs.

In short, never trust user threads, always demo yourself. Just remember there's likely thousands of people who have bought TVs and are happy with them who will never post on here. People mostly only post when they have a problem.

I would say the opposite. The Samsung KS TVs are generally reviewed as having better screen uniformity then the Sony's.

The only time the screen uniformity might be better on the Sony is if you're watching a movie with black bars because it has its edge lights on the side rather than bottom like the Samsung.

But every LCD you'll get clouding/dirty screen effect to a degree and a lot depends on how sensitive you are too it and how lucky you get with the panel. To avoid it you can only go OLED.

I never quite know what to believe when people complain about clouding etc on this forum. Are they expecting too much? Are they extra sensitive? Have they got an unlucky panel? Are they running with the backlight high and expecting no bleed? Most reviews with even the best LCDs state once calibrated there's no visible clouding or bleed but that's when they have the backlight set lower. In HDR there will always be bleed because it's set at its max and if people go searching for faults like using white images on black backgrounds etc of course there will see bleed.

I feel that these people will only be satisfied with an OLED and probably then they will complain about vignetting or near black banding or whatever fault they can find with the OLEDs.

In short, never trust user threads, always demo yourself. Just remember there's likely thousands of people who have bought TVs and are happy with them who will never post on here. People mostly only post when they have a problem.
Would you say dx902 is best. I keep reading that has issues of its own?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom