Samsung KS8000- Can anyone tell me what this ring of light is? dead pixels? internal screen damage?

mccluskycam

Novice Member
Reaction score
I bought this from Amazon (from the 'tech_for_less' store) 3-4 months ago and just last night noticed this bright faintly light blue ring at the very bottom of the screen near the samsung light logo. its not "burned" into the screen permanently, doesn't appear when the screen is showing darker, or even more "medium" colors on the darkness spectrum, appears when bright colors are on the screen over that specific spot.

I honestly think because its such a small little semi circle, and because it appears only when the screen is bright in that area, that its probably been there since i bought it without me noticing. I usually only really play ps4 on it and my games of choice are always darker games so i wouldnt be surprised if its just been there the entire time as there has been absolutely no physical damage in the 3 months I've owned it.

any idea what it could be and a possible fix? Dropping $1100 on it and being only 3 months old is a huge bummer for me, especially because now its all i see and now that its got my attention its super noticeable.

I'm going to contact the amazon shop today but im not very optimistic they will do anything for me.
tv spot 2.jpg
tv spot.jpg

That's bizzare, it looks like the portal from Stephen Baxter's Manifold books has made it's way into your TV.

If it was a darker circle it could have been an object between the backlight and LCD but it appears to be brighter than it should be.

This is the trouble of buying the last of the stock of an item, you tend to get the units with minor issues.

I'm not sure what your rights are in the US, here in the UK the retailer would be legally required to fix, replace or refund.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom