Samsung KS8000/9000 or Sony 55XD9305

JustinL

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Went to John Lewis yesterday to have a look at both tv's in the flesh. The KS 9000 was very over saturated vs the Sony, didn't really see any difference between the 8000 and 9000 panels though apart of course from the curve. I had a look at various sources and to me the Sony panel just had the edge for movement and also upscaling engine on the Sony also seemed to handle content better.
Interestingly I had a chat with one of the Sales reps, he highly recommended the Sony over both of the Samsung's, advised the panel was better, excellent at all content and had no returned sets at all. He also new his stuff explained about HDR 10 etc. He also said the sony handled the 4k source better in this case it was one Humax box feeding all the 4k content, which was quite impressive. The price also seems good at the moment with the Sony being £1690 due to price matching.

I am just a bit wary as some of the Sony's earlier reviews seem to advise Android is buggy and the remote control isn't great and the picture blooms, though this is only from a few websites and was before the update. Anyone who owns both models please advise what you would go for now and would you buy your model again? I have read the owners thread etc just looking for extra feedback.

TIA

Thanks, popping along to Costco to have one more look and will check the pricing compared to JL. Seems the Sony is far better value at the moment though.

I have the Sony and have not noticed any blooming at all, the remote is fine once you are used to it and the android OS has done all that I have needed it to.

The picture quality on this TV is stunning. I don't think you would be disappointed with it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom