Samsung Ks7000

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by Loeb, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Loeb

Loeb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi all.
    Just about to buy the 60" version of this tv this morning. Went to a few websites and oh my god. The John Lewis website is typical of the reviews it's getting. A hell of a lot of people are saying these tv's suffer from really bad frame stutter. A few people have returned them saying they were unwatchable and Samsung were no help what so ever. Has anyone else experienced this with this tv. The reviews it's getting here are fantastic so I just don't understand what's going on. I've decided to hold off till mid January when I get sky q installed.

2. carl825

carl825
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can`t help you but I was the same with this TV when I read the reviews, quite off putting!

3. Loeb

Loeb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Did you get it in the end? The ks8000 has better response time but it's £700 more. Can't justify that. I'm struggling to understand why everyone on here is giving it rave reviews with some saying it's an excellent tv, yet if you go to the stores websites there's quite a few bad reviews. I really trust this site as the people here seem to know what they're talking about. I just want to see if the bad reviews are due to them not having the right settings. However I did a search on here and there were a few threads about it juddering but other people have said they haven't experienced it at all. Maybe some bad tv's out there. I'm gutted to be honest. I did my research and thought I'd picked the best tv for my budget (which, and I don't care what anyone else says, £1500 isn't cheap) and was on the verge of sitting down to watch some 4K HDR. And then bang. I'm seriously thinking of just getting a Hisense tv for half the price. Some say it's good and others say it's not but at the moment it's the same for the ks7000.

4. carl825

carl825
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No I didn't get it, I have been looking at the B6 OLED but can`t really justify nearly 2k on a TV, I am thinking of getting the Samsung KU6400 and re-assessing after a couple of years to see where it is all at......

5. Loeb

Loeb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I wish I could do the same but my wife won't let me me "waste money" every few years on a new tv. I've had to keep the last three tv's I've bought so as I'm not throwing money away lol. So this is going to be it for another four or even five years so I've got to pick right.

6. whizzkid11

whizzkid11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    I am in same situation looking to get the UE55KS7000, however been told that the Hisense YLED screen is as good if not better... assuming it may be M7000 . So right I was about hit the go but am now confused. Any opinion greatly appreciated.

Only considering the Hisense based upon price difference.

Brother in law just bought the KU6000 and is loving the upgrade from the old 42 lg.

7. dmw3

dmw3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +276
    The difference is that people on AV forums change the out of the box showroom settings. They know to turn off motion control etc all the tv features that cause juddering.

In general, I wouldn't dismiss consumer reviews but when it comes to the better end of the tv market, there are too many buyers who don't know that the out of the box settings should be adjusted and the reviews probably reflect that.

Oh and on these forums there are some very particular tv buyers who will look for faults. (Nothing wrong with that per se)

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
  8. Trekker60

Trekker60
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all, bought the 60KS7000 version this week. So far well impressed with it and cannot find any fault with frame stutter/motion processing. Looking to mount it on the wall, and looking for a suitable bracket. Only current issue is I cannot hook up to Freesat, so am awaiting a response from Samsung support.

9. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,230
    I'm starting to think its the vast majority of sales that mean we see so many complaints about the KS series. Every review and countless users on here suggest its a great tv despite the criticism. @Trekker60 glad you are happy.