Samsung KS7000 (UE55KS7000) UHD 4K TV Review & Comments

Hi all.

Overall the KS7000 is good, but motion blur on Fifa 17 on original PS4 is rather shocking. I think it's some sort of ghosting and it's more noticeable when passing the ball further distances. I have Game Mode setting on.

I really hope it's something about needing a new HDMI cable, but not sure how to sort this problem.

Any others out there with motion blur issues like this?

Thank you.

Haven't noticed any motion blur or ghosting on FIFA 17 on the PS4 Pro.

Hi all, first time here and looking for opinions on acceptable backlight on my new 55KS7000. I'm worried that Richer Sounds won't accept it as a faulty or unacceptable display and would appreciate other peoples views!

Each corner has a large vignette of washed out colour/light.

These shots are taken from Blu Ray of 2001: Space Odyssey but the same problems occur with Netflix HD and Amazon sources. This is in a room with a curtain open and lamp on in the corner, and is worse when watching in a darker room (which is how I'd normally watch movies).

Backlight has been reduced to 4 (otherwise too dark) and brightness at 45. Local LED dimming effect is set at high.

View attachment 805503 View attachment 805504 View attachment 805505 View attachment 805506

All opinions welcomed.

Kind regards
James
For me its not normal. Try the lg chess video on youtube. Let us know. I guess there are some problems with your panel

Hi all, first time here and looking for opinions on acceptable backlight on my new 55KS7000. I'm worried that Richer Sounds won't accept it as a faulty or unacceptable display and would appreciate other peoples views!

These shots are taken from Blu Ray of 2001: Space Odyssey but the same problems occur with Netflix HD and Amazon sources. This is in a room with a curtain open and lamp on in the corner, and is worse when watching in a darker room (which is how I'd normally watch movies).

Backlight has been reduced to 4 (otherwise too dark) and brightness at 45. Local LED dimming effect is set at high.

View attachment 805503 View attachment 805504 View attachment 805505 View attachment 805506

All opinions welcomed.

Kind regards
James
Hello James, i got a tv with the same problem but only a little bit on the right corner.

I've read on forums that a lot of time getting a tv is like lottery and sometimes you could end up with a not very good panel.

As for me, i just returned the TV and took another one (from the same model) and its really sad and surprising to actually realise that my new tv has zero issues and it even improved the quality image with darker contrast and deep level of blacks..

So all i could suggest you would be to return the tv if you are still on time regarding on the date you bought the tv for another one. it could be on the same model.

And hoping this one won't have this clouding problems :)

As for me, i just returned the TV and took another one (from the same model) and its really sad and surprising to actually realise that my new tv has zero issues and it even improved the quality image with darker contrast and deep level of blacks..

I would love to know if you like me have a Samsung panel , fancy having a look in the engineers menu to see ? ....

You'd need to know what the faulty panel was like to see if that's the issue
You've lost me , I was wondering who the new panel's manufacturer is to see if it is Samsung or a third party manufacturer ...

I'm even more confused now I watched the avforums youtube video for the settings.

Not only did he do night and day settings he also did another for HDR.

I was under the impression that when it switched to HDR due to a HDR source that it would simply do this for you.

As I've said, I just want to set and forget. One lot of settings for all situations.

Any thoughts?

Also, when you update the firmware, is it best to factory reset? Then redo the settings?

I would just set it so it sits you , I went through all the calibration malarky , didn't like it and set my own , very happy now !!!

All opinions welcomed.

Kind regards
James

I have a KS7500 and all I can say is I could not live with that! My screen has virtually no bleed with local dimming set to low and back light at 7, all settings are virtually as AVF recommended settings. I would definitely return it.

Hello James, i got a tv with the same problem but only a little bit on the right corner.

I've read on forums that a lot of time getting a tv is like lottery and sometimes you could end up with a not very good panel.

So all i could suggest you would be to return the tv if you are still on time regarding on the date you bought the tv for another one. it could be on the same model.

And hoping this one won't have this clouding problems :)
I totally agree, I replaced my screen with another one and now the backlight improved a lot a lot. Before I was here always complaining. Now I'm very happy.

QUOTE PuntNL, post: 23971588, member: 250494"]As there does not seem to be a dedicated Samsung KS7000 thread in which we can share settings or ask and answer any question about them I thought I start one. Let's share settings, experiences and more here for the UE49KS7000, UE55KS7000 and UE60KS7000.

Reviews

Settings UE55KS7000 AVForums

Picture Mode: Movie
Picture Size: 16:9 Standard – Fit to Screen On
Expert Settings
Backlight: 4
Brightness: 45
Contrast: 90
Sharpness: 0
Colour: 50
Tint: G50/R50

Apply Picture Settings: All Sources
Digital Clean View: Off
Auto Motion Plus: Off
Smart LED: Low
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Colour Tone: Warm2

White Balance 2-Point: Red Offset 4, Green Offset 0, Blue Offset -7, Red Gain 0, Green Gain 0, Blue Gain 0

Gamma: -2

Colour Space: Custom (Red - R34, G8, B2; Green - R30, G52, B4; Blue - R0, G6, B50; Yellow - R52, G 50, B4; Cyan - R28, G45, B55; Magenta - R32, G13, B42)

Settings UE49KS7002 TV Calibration with Darko

You'd need to know what the faulty panel was like to see if that's the issue

Yes , unfortunately ive already exchanged the TV.

But i'm curious here, that would mean having samsung TV from the same model doesn't mean we get samsung panel? what kind of panel could we get?

I have the UE437500 , european version of the KS8000.

Luckily enough they decided to release a 43 inch version just for europe.

And it's amazing how the two TV looks different. It's really odd. We assume as costumers that when buying a tv there shouldnt be any differences between two products from the same model, specially for the price

All opinions welcomed.

Kind regards
James
Got the same. Dont know if currys will consider that as a fault?

Yes , unfortunately ive already exchanged the TV.

But i'm curious here, that would mean having samsung TV from the same model doesn't mean we get samsung panel? what kind of panel could we get?

I have the UE437500 , european version of the KS8000.

Luckily enough they decided to release a 43 inch version just for europe.

And it's amazing how the two TV looks different. It's really odd. We assume as costumers that when buying a tv there shouldnt be any differences between two products from the same model, specially for the price

Samsung use their own panels plus 4 or 5 other manufactures panels in the same model.

After umming and erring on a new TV for quite some time, I finally pipped for the UE55KS7000 as my John Lewis here in the UK were doing a promotion for the box at £899. Considering the AV forums review said it was an absolute steal at £1499 just 6 months ago, I think this TV is considerable value, given its features list.

It took no time to setup out of the box, and easily configured itself with the satellite receiver and the home cinema system.

A few posts back, I saw someone had collated the recommended display settings for the TV. Does anyone have any further advice beyond these?

For completeness, here are the recommended settings from AV Forums:

Settings UE55KS7000 AVForums
Picture Mode: Movie
Picture Size: 16:9 Standard – Fit to Screen On
Expert Settings
Backlight: 4
Brightness: 45
Contrast: 90
Sharpness: 0
Colour: 50
Tint: G50/R50

Apply Picture Settings: All Sources
Digital Clean View: Off
Auto Motion Plus: Off
Smart LED: Low
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Colour Tone: Warm2

White Balance 2-Point: Red Offset 4, Green Offset 0, Blue Offset -7, Red Gain 0, Green Gain 0, Blue Gain 0

Gamma: -2

Colour Space: Custom (Red - R34, G8, B2; Green - R30, G52, B4; Blue - R0, G6, B50; Yellow - R52, G 50, B4; Cyan - R28, G45, B55; Magenta - R32, G13, B42)

having tried a few of these settings out, I have come to the conclusion that I really do not like "Warm 2" and prefer standard or even the cool setting.

Had mine for months and just noticed (or just developed) a strange slow-mo type judder. I was watching a blu ray, Spectre, so no interlaced, with all motion processing off and film mode off. Every 20 mins or so the picture slow down and I'd see just a few frames for around 2 seconds, then it would be back to normal. The audio remained fine throughout. Could be the blu ray player, but I think I noticed something similar on broadcast TV.

having tried a few of these settings out, I have come to the conclusion that I really do not like "Warm 2" and prefer standard or even the cool setting.
Warm to is the best setting but at the end of the day it's your tv so set it up how you like it.

Hi everyone.

I have a 55ks7000 and also have major issues with judder. Live in Brazil, by the way, and people are complaining a lot in foruns here.

My panel is 55A1MUOQK.

I´ve also taken a picture of MRT-OPTION screen. I´ve noticed some options like flickerless, for example. Let´s hope samsung can tweak these settings via firmware to fix the problem.

It would be nice if enough people could post here their MRT-OPTION picture (engineer options would be nice too) and if they have judder problem or not. Maybe we can identify some patterns.

But please inform if you have problems of not. I really would like to see the service menu screens of someone who has no judder in game mode (30fps game of course).
Hi, just signed up, anyone else notice the smart hub iot option in there, anyone willing to risk it? Very interested on this tvs smartthings hub possibilities.

Hi everyone.

I have a 55ks7000 and also have major issues with judder. Live in Brazil, by the way, and people are complaining a lot in foruns here.

My panel is 55A1MUOQK.

I´ve also taken a picture of MRT-OPTION screen. I´ve noticed some options like flickerless, for example. Let´s hope samsung can tweak these settings via firmware to fix the problem.

It would be nice if enough people could post here their MRT-OPTION picture (engineer options would be nice too) and if they have judder problem or not. Maybe we can identify some patterns.

But please inform if you have problems of not. I really would like to see the service menu screens of someone who has no judder in game mode (30fps game of course).

Hi, like i said before i bought a UEK7500 43 inch (only ultra hdr model at this size and available only in europe) and my tv panel was weird. Viewing angles were awful (even though i know its a VA panel) but the most important was a clouding effect when pushing the contrast to max + little light area in the corner. In one word the panel was awful.

I decided to simply exchange my tv for another one and the same model and now its day and light: the panel looks incredible, and even viewing angles dramatically improved (even though they are poor).

I could try to check what panel i'm using but i guess it will be totally different than yours anyway (mine is curved + 43 inch).

What is the procedure to access to engineers menu?

It's a pity i couldnt identify the previous panel which was absolutely garbage so people would avoid it .

Hi, like i said before i bought a UEK7500 43 inch (only ultra hdr model at this size and available only in europe) and my tv panel was weird. Viewing angles were awful (even though i know its a VA panel) but the most important was a clouding effect when pushing the contrast to max + little light area in the corner. In one word the panel was awful.

I decided to simply exchange my tv for another one and the same model and now its day and light: the panel looks incredible, and even viewing angles dramatically improved (even though they are poor).

I could try to check what panel i'm using but i guess it will be totally different than yours anyway (mine is curved + 43 inch).

What is the procedure to access to engineers menu?

It's a pity i couldnt identify the previous panel which was absolutely garbage so people would avoid it .
But overall i think it was just a crappy model cause i even got glitches and micro cuts on HDR signal.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom