Samsung KS7000 (UE55KS7000) Reviewer's Recommended Best Settings

Steve Withers

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Disclaimer: The settings below are supplied for information purposes only. We make no guarantee that using the adjustments below will improve your TV's picture, they may even make it look worse. Every TV, even from the same manufacturer and model number will vary, as will the environment the TV is used in. For further information on how to set up your TV, please follow the steps in our Picture Perfect campaign.

To find a professional calibrator near you, see our Custom Installer and Calibrator Directory.

You can read the review here: Samsung UE55KS7000

Picture Mode: Movie

Picture Size: 16:9 Standard – Fit to Screen On

Expert Settings

Backlight: 4

Brightness: 45

Contrast: 90

Sharpness: 0

Colour: 50

Tint: G50/R50

Apply Picture Settings: All Sources

Digital Clean View: Off

Auto Motion Plus: Off

Smart LED: Low

Dynamic Contrast: Off

Colour Tone: Warm2

White Balance 2-Point: Red Offset 4, Green Offset 0, Blue Offset -7, Red Gain 0, Green Gain 0, Blue Gain 0

Gamma: -2

Colour Space: Custom (Red - R34, G8, B2; Green - R30, G52, B4; Blue - R0, G6, B50; Yellow - R52, G 50, B4; Cyan - R28, G45, B55; Magenta - R32, G13, B42)

Safe to say its same as KS7500, above settings been for night viewing, would think there would be little to no changes between sets.

Thanks

The settings shown above are for a night setting but the two TVs are so similar that you could just use the Day settings from the KS7500 video.

The TV has four modes but only two of them can be properly calibrated – Standard and Movie. So I use the Movie mode (which has a 10-point white balance control) for the Night setting and the Standard mode (which has a 2-point white balance control) for the Day setting.

The TV has four modes but only two of them can be properly calibrated – Standard and Movie. So I use the Movie mode (which has a 10-point white balance control) for the Night setting and the Standard mode (which has a 2-point white balance control) for the Day setting.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the review on this set. I'm considering upgrading from much loved Panasonic G20 Plasma. However, the room it will be used in is very bright. How would you rate the set for use in a room with lots of natural light?

Thanks

Disclaimer: The settings below are supplied for information purposes only. We make no guarantee that using the adjustments below will improve your TV's picture, they may even make it look worse. Every TV, even from the same manufacturer and model number will vary, as will the environment the TV is used in. For further information on how to set up your TV, please follow the steps in our Picture Perfect campaign.

To find a professional calibrator near you, see our Custom Installer and Calibrator Directory.

Expert Settings

White Balance 2-Point: Red Offset 4, Green Offset 0, Blue Offset -7, Red Gain 0, Green Gain 0, Blue Gain 0

Colour Space: Custom (Red - R34, G8, B2; Green - R30, G52, B4; Blue - R0, G6, B50; Yellow - R52, G 50, B4; Cyan - R28, G45, B55; Magenta - R32, G13, B42)

Expert Settings

Any changes now HDR+ is here? I noticed in the 75000 setup HDR gamma was left at 0, I tried leaving it at 0 on my 7000 and normal HDR seems fine, trying HDR+ on bluray special I find there is too much bloom, over shine on skin reflecting light. Should gamma always be left at 0 for HDR and HDR+

The setting I suggested was for HDR only, I don't really have any suggested suggesting for HDR+ yet. Given that HDR+ is manipulating the image, I'd say there's room for you to experiment and see what you like best.

The setting I suggested was for HDR only, I don't really have any suggested suggesting for HDR+ yet. Given that HDR+ is manipulating the image, I'd say there's room for you to experiment and see what you like best.

Gone for -1 gamma for HDR+, 0 has too much bloom, -2 is too dark, lose detail in shadow.

Just 1 question why would you want to change from day to night settings, why not have an all day setting, I have mine set at standard and it's fine for all Tv night and day

If you have the image set too bright, it can be fatiguing for the eyes when watching in a dark room at night. Of course it does depend on how bright you have your Standard mode and whether there is any ambient light in the room at night. I would recommend that you use the Movie mode though, it's much more accurate than the Standard mode, which will have loads of blue in the whites.

If you have the image set too bright, it can be fatiguing for the eyes when watching in a dark room at night. Of course it does depend on how bright you have your Standard mode and whether there is any ambient light in the room at night. I would recommend that you use the Movie mode though, it's much more accurate than the Standard mode, which will have loads of blue in the whites.

Is a calibrated standard mode different in anyway to a calibrated movie mode on these TV's?
Apart from being brighter for daytime viewing.

Hi Steve thanks for the excellent review and settings. Just order the 60 inch and will receive it this friday to replace my 5yo sony 55hx920. Would it be an idea to rename this thread to a general settings thread for the KS7000. I opened such a thread for the sony 5 years ago and the sharing of settings was very helpful back then. Just a thought.

We need to leave this thread as it is because when we review different screen sizes of the same model, we will create threads for those as well. Although feel free to try these settings out on your UE60KS7000.

Steve as for watching football and other sports. Would you still recommend turning Auto Motion Plus completely off or could you recommend a custom setting for the Auto Motion Plus setting?

I always turn it off for film-based content but for sports you can experiment with Auto Motion Plus.

Expert Settings

Hi Steve
Just noticed in the review, you say the Auto colour setting is working now, is auto now the best option for all sources TV, HD, HDR 4K.

Thanks

Ordered one :) Are the best picture settings to use the ones in the AV Forums video? To change the HDR settings, would I need to be playing something HDR from Netflix & then go into the settings? Can the HDR settings be saved to all inputs?

Thanks

Hi Steve, thanks so much for the info, it's been a huge help. One thing I'm stuck on is understanding the HDR and Ultra HD colour settings, and I'd be really grateful for some help (been tearing my hair out trying to find this out!)...
  1. Is HDR automatically switched on as and when an appropriate HDR signal is received? Is there any way to know when this has happened?
  2. What are the HDMI Ultra HD Colour settings? Is this related to HDR, and if so (considering it only lets you switch on /off any of the 4 HDMI sources) what do I do about hdr content via the TV smart apps which are not via HDMI?
  3. With the HDMI channels should I have the ultra HD colour setting switched on or off when the content is variable, or does this need to be changed with each viewing? sometimes the content I view is HDR, but sometimes it isn't and I'm not sure how this should be setup... currently got all 4 channels turned on
Thanks again for all your help, would be lost without it.

Saul

When a player 4k UHD player/Xbox One S/PC soon/PS4 plays HDR content, you will get message on screen that HDR content is playing.

I have set the UHD colour on all channels to on, I need it for UHD player and for PC later this year, will not make any difference until it receives a HDR signal....as far as I know.

Been few software updates, now on 1140, problem been never any real info whats changed.

Ive had this TV 2 days and no matter what i do the picture is rubbish, dark areas are pixelated. It says set it to movie and just adjust brightness, contrast, backlight and color and you should have a good picture but mine has a brownish hue can someone help.

can anyone help my friend has new issue with his new TV he got today, he keeps getting this issue in the picture. his am is STR DA2400ES and the tv is 55 KS7000, does anyone know hoe to fix this issue

15007872_1248820868523246_2030828256_o.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom