Samsung KS7000 (UE55KS7000) Reviewer's Recommended Best Settings

BOBBYBOB

Standard Member
Ive had this TV 2 days and no matter what i do the picture is rubbish, dark areas are pixelated. It says set it to movie and just adjust brightness, contrast, backlight and color and you should have a good picture but mine has a brownish hue can someone help.
Hi Polly, I agree with you, I spent days trying different settings, especially to get grass to look normal, when watching the rugby this weekend the grass was a mass of radioactive green stuff.
I did eventually get a setting I am pretty happy with, I now use 'movie' mode, but have changed the 'colour tone' from warm2 to cool, this gets rid of the horrible brownish hue you are getting.
From there, adjust the backlight to 20, brightness 33, contrast 100, sharpness 60, colour 50, gamma -1.
This is the best picture I have managed to get so far, give it a go & adjust as necessary to suit you & your viewing conditions.
But.....no matter what you do, you'll never sort out the ridiculously narrow viewing angle, anything more that sitting directly in front of this tv will cause fogging on at least one side of the screen.
Good luck.

Last edited:

eastbournelads

Standard Member
Yes, if you're not getting your TV calibrated, then use Auto.

oh thats helped.... without sounding like a lamen... ( i am) its all subjective and what you like, ive reset everything, done the basics suggested on here and looks great, was worried about getting rid of my old panasoniv plasma ( i loved it) but it had started to get worn out, sky q is being installed on sunday so looking forward to trying out some new things, netflix ( daredevil) looks ace, youtube 4k doenst look any different at mo, just popped a uhd disc in the player and looks ace. thanks samsung, nice tv and £400 off!

Ricky1211

Novice Member
I've recently bought a ks7000, the picture is great but I am noticing some pixelation, noise artifacts on the screen, even at 4k sitting from a distance it is noticeable. I have compared it to my sony w653 which has little to no picture noise. I have tried digital clean view but it is still noticeable. Has anyone else experienced this, and any recommendations?

Johnny Cass

I have the same problem as Ricky, Polly and BOBBYBOB.
The picture in general is good, colours are great, but the dark areas are pixelated as hell. It is noticeable even in 4K and even in 2M distance. When the picture does not involve any movement, there aren't any pixels noticeable, however, whenever the character is moving he is coming along with a bag of pixels both on him and around him. The same goes for any area that involves a lot of black colour.

Actually, a black screen with just a logo on it has tremendous amount of pixels on the black, it isn't acceptable at that price. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but this is driving me crazy.

I have tried every setting from different sites and both my own settings and nothing helps. I've everything in Eco 'Off', tried with Digital Clean View (Off/Auto), Auto Motion Plus (Low values / Off / High Values), Smart LED both Off/Low/High and every kind of contrast, backlight etc. settings.

THE ONLY THING THAT HELPS WITH PIXELIZATION IS TO REDUCE THE BRIGHTNESS TO AROUND 30, but then I lost all the details and anyway noone in any calibration settings recommends to lower the brightness.

Has anyone find a solution to my and 3 people above problem? :(
I could be wrong is this not a problem with lcd during motion scenes. That they drop resolution and maybe it shows up more in 4k?

Amorris

Guys I have a query in preparation of my KS7000 arriving.

I'm going to be applying the "Day" settings from the KS7500 review as I have children, so rarely ever can I have a dark living room.

I'm also going to apply the HDR settings, when we play HDR... Both settings show on video are on Movie mode, I may be being a bit dim but does that mean everytime I play HDR content I need to manually change settings.. Or do I simply put in the "Day" settings for Movie, then play some HDR content, apply the HDR settings in movie and when I stop the HDR content the TV will recognise that and go back to my "Day" settings... Equally if I was to start the HDR content, it would go back to the HDR settings?

TellyTel

Distinguished Member
@Steve Withers

Hi

Will try your settings when I get my TV next week, if I use the settings you posted will I need to manually copy them into game mode as well or will they automatically copy across.

Thank's

TellyTel

Distinguished Member
You'll need to manually copy them for each picture mode.

Thank's Steve.

I got something bugging me, backlight should be high for HDR gaming in game mode, is this the case for watching movies in 4k/HDR as well?
Just a bit confused about this stuff still!!

Fallen93

Yes the backlight setting at 4 is for SDR content (which could include 4K content if it doesn't use HDR).

Seeing that this thread is active I'd love to ask and secure myself about HDR Contrast.
So I know that in SDR the contrast varies from 85-97 before clipping depending on the set, in my case up to 93 is okay but for HDR settings everywhere including AVForums videos for other KS (8000/9000 etc.) in HDR Contrast is set to 100?

Why is that? HDR Contrast should be 100 even if in SDR clipping starts at 93? Does it work somehow differently? Would be really good to know, thank you.

INs4NiTY

Standard Member
Do any other KS7000 owners suffer with terrible motion blur when watching football?
Mine looks absolutely awful. Auto Motion us settings are on custom with blur set to 10 and judder on 8 but I'm actually a bit embarrassed to have the football on with people round when this is meant to be a pretty solid TV and cost me over £1100 a few months back...

Nels82

Evening, just setting up my new KS7000 and I'm really confused. I've seen others ask similar questions on here but not really been answered.

I've followed the settings video from the KS7500. My confusion comes when inputting the HDR settings......in exactly the same menu we've just set the Movie Mode.

But I went with it and read that the tv should recognise the content and alter the settings accordingly. I think I must have done something wrong or missed something.

Prior to inputting the HDR settings I started playing some Netflix Ultra HD 4k content and set about applying the HDR settings. To test the theory I then closed Netflix and returned to normal HD content; but the settings remained the same and never switched back to the normal night time (movie mode).

Sorry if I've waffled on but I'm just quite confused and want to get it right. Hope someone can shed some light on this for me.

Thanks all.

Dean

Evening, just setting up my new KS7000 and I'm really confused. I've seen others ask similar questions on here but not really been answered.

I've followed the settings video from the KS7500. My confusion comes when inputting the HDR settings......in exactly the same menu we've just set the Movie Mode.

But I went with it and read that the tv should recognise the content and alter the settings accordingly. I think I must have done something wrong or missed something.

Prior to inputting the HDR settings I started playing some Netflix Ultra HD 4k content and set about applying the HDR settings. To test the theory I then closed Netflix and returned to normal HD content; but the settings remained the same and never switched back to the normal night time (movie mode).

Sorry if I've waffled on but I'm just quite confused and want to get it right. Hope someone can shed some light on this for me.

Thanks all.

When you have the Netflix 4K content, can you in fact press 'info' on the TV remote, as this will give a break down of the content playing (e.g. on a standard blu ray, with the player and AVR set to not upscale, it should show HD 1920 x 1080 24 frame/sec (I'm pretty sure HDR pops up here also as when I've tested The Last of Us HDR content it did this)

As I don't use the streaming services for 4K I can't directly comment, but I can say it might be a bit confusing if the info button doesn't function on these streamed apps/services. For example when I load the YouTube app and stream lovely 4K content, the info button/function does not work so it's hard to say if HDR content is being shown or supported. I assumed not as the colours didn't seem HDR-like and only appeared to do so when I engaged the HDR+ option which as I understand is a faux HDR mode.

For me my main source will be 4K UHD discs but would like to know about how the HDR works with the TVs apps and services.

Shoto

Standard Member
Hi Guys,
Have a KS9000 which is great, still fine tuning settings after a couple of months but on some darker scenes, movies etc there is a strong blue tint presence to the picture. Any help or advice very welcomed please as bit of a novice.
Connected to TIVO 6 box, use Netflix quite a bit, YAMAHA amp and soundbar.

wiggoplex

Novice Member
I'm at a loss.

I cannot get what I think is the best picture in movie mode on my set.

Can anyone recommend the settings that would be suitable for a dark room with no light at all coming in please?

I often regret getting rid of my 3D set for this one.

Many thanks

wiggoplex

Novice Member
I'm at a loss.

I cannot get what I think is the best picture in movie mode on my set.

Can anyone recommend the settings that would be suitable for a dark room with no light at all coming in please?

I often regret getting rid of my 3D set for this one.

Many thanks
Anyone able to help please?

I've held back on getting new 4K releases because I don't feel I'm getting the best out of it.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom