Samsung KS7000 Settings Thread

PuntNL

Established Member
Reaction score
As there does not seem to be a dedicated Samsung KS7000 thread in which we can share settings or ask and answer any question about them I thought I start one. Let's share settings, experiences and more here for the UE49KS7000, UE55KS7000 and UE60KS7000.

Reviews

Settings UE55KS7000 AVForums

Picture Mode: Movie
Picture Size: 16:9 Standard – Fit to Screen On
Expert Settings
Backlight: 4
Brightness: 45
Contrast: 90
Sharpness: 0
Colour: 50
Tint: G50/R50

Apply Picture Settings: All Sources
Digital Clean View: Off
Auto Motion Plus: Off
Smart LED: Low
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Colour Tone: Warm2

White Balance 2-Point: Red Offset 4, Green Offset 0, Blue Offset -7, Red Gain 0, Green Gain 0, Blue Gain 0

Gamma: -2

Colour Space: Custom (Red - R34, G8, B2; Green - R30, G52, B4; Blue - R0, G6, B50; Yellow - R52, G 50, B4; Cyan - R28, G45, B55; Magenta - R32, G13, B42)

Settings KS8000 (US Version) RTings
Picture Size: 16:9 Standard
Expert Settings
Backlight: 4
Contrast: 100

Smart LED: High
Colour Tone: Warm2

Settings UE49KS7002 TV Calibration with Darko

Last edited:
Interesting differences in the two configurations.

Received my UE60KS7000. First impression: spectacular upgrade from my 55hx920. Love the design and the picture quality looks very promising.

Will be tweaking over the weekend with this one. The movie mode does look a bit more dull than normal to me. Have always used this mode on my previous sets.

Will post my settings over the weekend. Hope more owners will do so as well!

Received my UE60KS7000. First impression: spectacular upgrade from my 55hx920. Love the design and the picture quality looks very promising.

Will be tweaking over the weekend with this one. The movie mode does look a bit more dull than normal to me. Have always used this mode on my previous sets.

Will post my settings over the weekend. Hope more owners will do so as well!

Looking forward to your settings I think most people hate the professional suggested settings

What is everyone using for auto motion plus? Auto is definitely way to agressive. The soap opera effect is something you do not want. I however feel that sports like football could benefit to some extent. It seems however that this always goes at the cost of some increased Micro Judder.

Currently I am using:
Auto Motion Plus: Custom
Blur Reduction: 10
Judder Reduction: 0
LED Clear Motion: Off
Very curious to some other experiences so far..

Last edited:
What is everyone using for auto motion plus? Auto is definitely way to agressive. The soap opera effect is something you do not want. I however feel that sports like football could benefit to some extent. It seems however that this always goes at the cost of some increased Micro Judder.

Currently I am using:
  • Custom,
  • Off
Very curious to some other experiences so far..
Would like to see Uk version 49KS7000 settings for normal viewing as some settings are awful especially in movie mode, thank

CNET UN65KS8000 Settings (American Equivalent of the KS7000)

Special Viewing Mode: [Game and Sports modes: Off]

Expert Settings menu:
Backlight: 5
Contrast: 88
Color: 50
Apply Picture Settings: All sources
Auto Motion Plus: Custom [see below]
Film mode: Auto1 [grayed out for many sources]
HDMI UHD Color: [All Off*]
HDMI black level: Auto [grayed out]
Color Tone: Warm 2
White Balance: [see below]
Gamma: 0
RGB Only Mode: Off
Color Space: Auto

-- Auto Motion Plus submenu:

-- White Balance submenu:
(2 point)
R-Offset: 0
G-Offset: 0
B-Offset: -3
R-Gain: 0
G-Gain: 0
B-Gain: -4

CNET UN65KS8000 Settings (American Equivalent of the KS7000)

Special Viewing Mode: [Game and Sports modes: Off]

Expert Settings menu:
Backlight: 5
Contrast: 88
Color: 50
Auto Motion Plus: Custom [see below]
Film mode: Auto1 [grayed out for many sources]
HDMI UHD Color: [All Off*]
HDMI black level: Auto [grayed out]
White Balance: [see below]
Gamma: 0
Color Space: Auto

-- Auto Motion Plus submenu:

-- White Balance submenu:
(2 point)
R-Offset: 0
G-Offset: 0
B-Offset: -3
R-Gain: 0
G-Gain: 0
B-Gain: -4
Thanks will give it a go

Would like to see Uk version 49KS7000 settings for normal viewing as some settings are awful especially in movie mode, thank

Could you describe exactly what you find awful?

Well just spent a couple of hours to adjust my settings with the DVE Blu-ray and some oher patterns. Below my current settings for my UE60KS7000. Let me know what you guys think.

PICTURE MODE: MOVIE

EXPERT SETTINGS
Backlight: 10 (HDR: 20)
Contrast: 89 (HDR: 100)
Color: 49 (HDR: 50)

Auto Motion Plus: Off (Game mode: N/A)
Smart LED: Low (HDR: High)
Film mode: Auto1 or N/A
HDMI black level: Auto or N/A
White Balance: Standard settings
Gamma: -1 (HDR: 0)
Color Space: Auto (HDR: Native)

Still unsure about Auto Motion Plus, might turn it completely off at some point.

Last edited:
Kind of a monologue here.. lol.
Still hope some others will share their experiences and settings. Anyway I updated the post above with my latest tweaks ☝️

Especially some new insights regarding HDR. Where the gamma control really does not work and should be on 0.

Still hope some others will share their experiences and settings. Anyway I updated the post above with my latest tweaks ☝️

Especially some new insights regarding HDR. Where the gamma control really does not work and should be on 0.
I think not many have ks7000 Tv or there keeping all their secrets closely to their chest

What settings do you use for daytime/standard mode? I find the movie mode too washed out for me as I never really view the TV in a darkened room.
At the moment I'm using the AV forums KS7500 settings with a few small tweaks of my own but I reckon they could be improved on.
With regard to motion plus I just have it off now, I toggled it on and off while viewing a couple of football matches and honestly couldn't see any difference (but maybe that's just my old eyes :))

What settings do you use for daytime/standard mode? I find the movie mode too washed out for me as I never really view the TV in a darkened room.
At the moment I'm using the AV forums KS7500 settings with a few small tweaks of my own but I reckon they could be improved on.
With regard to motion plus I just have it off now, I toggled it on and off while viewing a couple of football matches and honestly couldn't see any difference (but maybe that's just my old eyes :))
Well for me I find Natural mode great viewing saw a decent film other night in HD and the quality was awesome not too bright and not too dark perfect infact with my 49KS7000

I use this as a one size fits all setting. No different daytime and nighttime mode. Are you using warm2 or warm1? Care to share your tweaks of the KS7500?

Source Changing Issue
Hi, I installed my new UE55KS7000 at the weekend, connected to a Denon AVRX2200 AV Receiver, then onto a Sky HD+ box (amongst other sources). The receiver is connected to HDMI4 and uses ARC to bring the Samsung's sound back to the receiver.

I'm seeing an issue while watching Sky TV, every 20-30 minutes the Samsung source changes from HDMI4 to TV, interrupting viewing (always at the wrong time while watching the finishing stages of an Olympic event). I don't believe that it's an interruption of the HDMI connected as the Samsung displays a 'source missing' message in that situation, it seems to be the Samsung switching the source by itself.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Source Changing Issue
Hi, I installed my new UE55KS7000 at the weekend, connected to a Denon AVRX2200 AV Receiver, then onto a Sky HD+ box (amongst other sources). The receiver is connected to HDMI4 and uses ARC to bring the Samsung's sound back to the receiver.

I'm seeing an issue while watching Sky TV, every 20-30 minutes the Samsung source changes from HDMI4 to TV, interrupting viewing (always at the wrong time while watching the finishing stages of an Olympic event). I don't believe that it's an interruption of the HDMI connected as the Samsung displays a 'source missing' message in that situation, it seems to be the Samsung switching the source by itself.

Any ideas?
Thanks
If no one can answer your query Samsung do a good chat online on there website I've had a couple of chats already regarding getting my Bluetooth headphones connected and not even disturbing the volume on Tv which is cool

I use this as a one size fits all setting. No different daytime and nighttime mode. Are you using warm2 or warm1? Care to share your tweaks of the KS7500?
I'm also using the same settings for day and night as I never watch TV in a fully darkened room.
These are the settings I'm currently using and pretty happy with them. I do have Sharpness turned up slightly which I know goes against received wisdom but I personally think it improves the picture:

Picture Mode: Standard
Picture Size: 16:9 Standard – Fit to Screen On

Expert Settings
Backlight: 12
Contrast: 90
Sharpness: 15

Analogue clean View: Off
Film Mode: Off
HDMI Black Level: Low
Colour Tone: Warm1
White Balance: 2 Point
Gamma: -2

Colour Space: Native

made some small adjustments. Kind of settling in on these..

PICTURE MODE: MOVIE

EXPERT SETTINGS
Backlight: 9 (HDR: 18)
Contrast: 89 (HDR: 100)
Color: 49 (HDR: 50)

Auto Motion Plus: Off (Game mode: N/A)
Smart LED: Low (HDR: High)
Film mode: Off
HDMI black level: Auto or N/A
Color Tone: Warm 1
White Balance: Standard settings
Gamma: -1 (HDR: 0)
Color Space: Auto (HDR: Native)

My 49KS7000 arrives tomorrow :) looking forward to tinkering with my first 4k tv!

Hi all, wanna buy a UE49KS7000, a question... It's better to view normal blu-ray, playstation 3 games, pay TV full hd (then not 4k), compared to a full hd only tv? Now have a Samsung LE40B650T2W.
Thanks

Hi all, wanna buy a UE49KS7000, a question... It's better to view normal blu-ray, playstation 3 games, pay TV full hd (then not 4k), compared to a full hd only tv? Now have a Samsung LE40B650T2W.
Thanks

From my reading the upscaling on this model has meant to be very good, so I'd expect so. I'm waiting on my delivery just now so I can't speak from experience...yet.

Thanks Kolmes;),
other user comments about this question, please?
Thanks.

Gone with the av forum setting's plus or minus here and there. TV looks great!

4k looks awesome, regular HD like BBC etc also look like a step up from my old samsung 1080.

Not done much gaming yet, that's my last thing to test/set up.

Question about HDR+ setting. Do people use this all the time or only for HDR Netflix for example?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom