Samsung KS7000 65 vs 60

fearce

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

Firstly apologies if this is in the wrong place.

I currently have both of the above mentioned TVS, I need to return one but have some questions / concerns. I originally got the 60" but then after getting realised I could have easily fit a 65. So I got the 65.

1. The actual framing / bezel on both is slightly different. The 60 has a small frame around the front of the screen the 65 is 'bezelless'. I'm suprised to see a difference?

2. Sound - the 60 has slightly louder snd deeper sound. It almost has more surround sound effect than the 65. Why is this?

Point 1 doesn't worry me but has me curious. Point 2 does has I'd like to keep the 65 but sound seems inferior to the 60.

60 purchase for JL. 65 from currys. So both uk.

Advice or thoughts welcome.
Thanks.

You can't stretch the screen on the 60" (actually you can if you move closer) but you can get a sound bar for the 65". Tbh, I dont think the speakers in any if not most of the tv's these days complement the picture. Sometimes its all about how much void the speakers have to fill (room size) layout also comes into play as to how it bounces.

Short answer here imho is get a sound bar as a bare minimum.

Hi. Yes soundbar I understand but I'm specifically talking about the tv in isolation for now. Same model but real difference in sound. Plus point around bezel.

Apart from differences with the size I wasn't aware there are any specification differences, so perhaps because it has a smaller bezel it also has less room for speakers or something? It may also be because the speakers are 40w they aren't filling the space of the 65" vs 60" but I really am just guessing here. I echo what has been said above a budget sound bar/speakers will sound much better, if you want better sound the KS8000 comes with 60w speakers, but even then the sound is poor.

Apart from differences with the size I wasn't aware there are any specification differences, so perhaps because it has a smaller bezel it also has less room for speakers or something? It may also be because the speakers are 40w they aren't filling the space of the 65" vs 60" but I really am just guessing here. I echo what has been said above a budget sound bar/speakers will sound much better, if you want better sound the KS8000 comes with 60w speakers, but even then the sound is poor.

Quite possibly. Do you therefore think I should worry about the sound difference as an issue or assume it's by design due to size difference - is this common for 5"?

Were you aware of the cosmetic differences? I wasn't until now !

No I wasn't aware of cosmetic differences at all. I knew there were differences in the larger models having adjustable feet but to be honest it sounds like the 65" is better if it has less bezel so I would know which one to keep personally :)

So I've decided to return 60 and keep 65. Should I be concerned about the obvious sound difference as a defect?

I wouldn't be, you could always seek a demo in somewhere like richer sounds to see if it sounds the same as yours but I'm sure its just differences in design. Theres a lot of extra screen with the 65" despite only 5" diagonal difference. Its probably just a case of the size interfering with the acoustics. Plus you will do well to get a sound bar anyway.

So that was part of the pull of changing up to a 65. I paid 350 more and got the larger screen and a basic samsung soundbar (k651).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom