Samsung ju6400 vs j6200

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by SharkyNB, Apr 19, 2016.

?
  1. JU6400 48inch 4k

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. J6200 50inch 1080p

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SharkyNB

SharkyNB
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello! I am in the market for a new tv and all of the reviews and information I am reading is just making my head spin. Hoping someone here can shed some new information on these two models that may sway me one way or the other. I am basically looking to buy either the Samsung JU6400 at 48inches or the J6200 at 50inches.

I keep going back and forth on the two, they are both around the same price and both have pretty solid reviews. On the one hand 4k sounds pretty cool and seems like a fair investment since I will have the tv for a good amount of time. On the other hand, the 50inch screen size, though only slightly bigger is also appealing as I am upgrading from a smaller tv. The only thing holding me back from the 4k is that I have read a bunch of reviews saying that the refresh rate is actually kind of slow and that judder problems are quite noticeable. It also sounds like the J6200 has slightly better contrast/brightness. I would say that I am definitely concerned about picture quality and clarity, however I would consider myself an 'average tv consumer'. I am not hooking this up to a crazy home theater setup, I am just looking for a solid tv.

I will generally use this tv with my ps4. So I will be playing games/watching movies through that. I will also probably stream a lot of Netflix/amazon. I don't have a ton of blue ray movies and more often than not I end up just renting and streaming movies from amazon. We usually watch movies with the lights on so the room is usually bright or average light. Additionally, I actually just bought a sony bravia W600B and am looking to exchange it. The main reason being that the smart tv functions are incredibly slow, and the audio from the tv is awful. So I am also hoping for better results, especially in the audio, on one of these two Samsung. Any information would help! Thanks!