Question Samsung JU6400 or KU7000

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by UserName31245, Oct 13, 2016.

?
  1. JU6400

100.0%
  2. KU7000

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. UserName31245

UserName31245
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello! Can't choose between these two models. 50 inch.
    I can either get older samsung, that is still being sold, or a newer one with that supports HDR to some extent. Yes, I have read all the reviews I could find, everywhere.

JU6400 is about 200$ cheaper. KU7000 has some advantages, but not much, but it's a newer model. I spent so much time googling and I'm tired, please help!

Should I just save the money, and get the older model, forget about HDR and extended color range? Or should I get the new model, though it doesn't give full HDR experience? What would you get? Any advice is welcome.

2. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,051
    If the KU7000 is sold in Israel it looks like Samsungs naming scheme is the same as in North America there.
    Both tvs should have VA panels and have good black levels.
    I expect the newer tv to be better overall, but it does fall short with motion blur. Most of last years JU and JS samsungs have less motion blur than this year.

JU may have more input lag at higher resolution/with an HDR signal compared to KU.

All in all both are good for the money, it depends what you use the tv for. With gaming likely the KU7000 is the better choice, especially UHD gaming. For Sports the JU will be better.

3. UserName31245

UserName31245
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, it seems so! Though I expect it will be somewhat different, comparing the two sets, I found out that UE50KU7000 consumes more power compared to American 55inch UN55KU7000:
    50" UHD 4K טלוויזיה חכמה שטוחה KU7000 סדרה 7 | SAMSUNG ישראל
    55" Class KU7000 7-Series 4K UHD TV (2016 Model) TVs - UN55KU7000FXZA | Samsung US
    Sooo..I'm kinda secretly hoping that it might have better peak brightness. Or it's just less energy efficient :)

I'm more inclined to get the 7000. As for motion blur, I don't think it's an issue for me, I don't watch sports, but I'll be playing games.