Samsung ju6400 -correct mode for gaming.

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by peek188, Jun 21, 2015.

Tags:
  1. peek188

peek188

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hello.
    Can anyone tell me which mode is correct for games on this panel - pc or game mode?
    Pc mode gives sharp, crisp picture but toooo satrated colours. Game mode (or standard mode where i noticed input lag so i dropped it) gives more accurate colors but picture seems to be dull, green is faded, blue and red are bleeding. I've been traing to calibrate this tv in many ways, put tv in different modes with full range/limited and is far worse than my old ue40es5500. Any ideas?

2. hodg100

hodg100
    Reviewer & News Writer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,468
    Try altering the colour temp in the Picture Options and see if you can find something that suits.

Games are tricky to calibrate for as they don't always conform to the standard. There are also settings on the 360 for HDMI output. Try Colour Space as YCbCr709, RGB and AUTO plus experiment with the Reference Levels. With the input labelled as PC, 0-255 should be appropriate but 16-235 should be the one for the Game mode without input labelled as PC.

As you've discovered, loads of variables here but you should be able to get a good picture out of the combination.

3. ramishka

ramishka
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Here are my settings I use with a PS4 which are fairly simple :
    Picture Mode : Standard
    Auto Motion Plus : Enabled for current source
    Type of Game console input source : Game
    (Game mode inside the TV menu is off)