Samsung JU6400 5.1 Digital Audio

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by jhynds, Feb 15, 2016.

1. jhynds

jhynds
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi All,

I have a Samsung JU6400 TV and on the verge of buying a Sonos Playbar. I see a lot of complaints online relating to most TV's not supporting Dolby Digital 5.1 on the optical audio out, therefore you won't get 5.1 to the playbar.

I've done some research online, but can't confirm if my TV supports 5.1 via optical out. Will be connecting Sky Box, Apple TV and PS4 to TV & then TV to soundbar. Does anyone know if 5.1 will work form the TV to the Sonos?

The only info I could find was on this page: Samsung JU6400 Review (UN40JU6400, UN43JU6400, UN48JU6400, UN55JU6400, UN60JU6400, UN65JU6400)

Is mentions, Passthrough Optical Dolby Digital- Yes. Is this what I need or does this refer to somethign else?

Thanks

2. ramishka

ramishka
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I use a Panasonic home theater system with JU6400. I have connected the unit to the TV using HDMI cable (did not use ARC) and audio output to the unit through an optical cable. The TV correctly passes through both Dobly Digital 5.1 and DTS to the receiver unit via the optical cable (I tried with Plex application). If it helps, my exact model number is UA55JU6400KXXT