Question Samsung J6201 looks washed out in "movie" mode

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by kjf1138, May 13, 2018.

1. kjf1138

kjf1138
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just recently got the J6201 and I used Rtings calibration settings, but the picture looks so washed out in "movie" mode. But when I use "natural" mode, it looks pretty good, but the blacks looks kind of crushed and I can't edit in the "advanced settings". What settings should I use to make it less washed out in "movie" mode?

2. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,046
    It's possible the rtings.com settings are for a different TV, Samsung are notorious for different model numbers in different regions for the same TV and not only that using different panels on the same TV also.

I would go through some basic calibration as advised in the Picture Perfect TV setup guide should be pretty easy to fix crushed blacks with a black to black test pattern. Obviously you also need to make sure if testing from an external source that you have your sources set up correctly, if the source sends limited range, make sure the TV is set to accept limited range, same if the other way round.