1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

samsung ir receiver

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Mike TV, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Mike TV

Mike TV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just setting up the media centre remote on my pc can anybody tell me where the ir receiver is on the samsung smt 2100c set top box is.

2. Mike TV

Mike TV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    finally got the ir reciver to work but am having problems getting the media centre remote to select the right channel on the STB (Samsung SMT-2100c) 90% of the time it is working correctly but occationally it misses a digit when going for a three digit channel for example gets channel 14 instead of 144, and channel 30 intead of 130 has anybody had the same problem if so do you have any ideas. The remote is the standard microsoft media center remote,

3. JonMace

JonMace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +209
    I gave up with the Samsung had it working perfectly for one day then it would not change correctly to channels with three digits where there was a double i.e. 100, 111, 133, and 144. unfortunantly these are channels I use so I went from a 2 STB setup to 1, which now seems very reliable just using the Pace 4000 STB

4. Mike TV

Mike TV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Did you speak to ntl? If so did they haver any ideas that is my next port of call but I suspect they won't want anything to do with it.

5. kevin4

kevin4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Mike TV,
    I am really having problem of getting MCE2005 remote control to even work with Samsung STB... I can get as far as getting the red-light blink on the emitter, but the STB not get any response...

Can you please advice me how do you actually get the MCE-IR controller to work with Samsung box ?

ps. I had also tried to use Pace-C1060 suggested by one of the web-site, but not got much luck ...

Any advice I would be very much appreciated...

Thanks
    Kevin