Samsung IR pass through

K9AXB

Novice Member
Reaction score
I'm setting up a Grandbeing (same as/similar to Wyrestorm) HDMI 4x4 matrix in my loft. I was wondering if I could use the IR pass through on the TV in stead of the IR blaster supplied with the matrix. Would there be any advantage/disadvantage to doing this?

I'm setting up a Grandbeing (same as/similar to Wyrestorm) HDMI 4x4 matrix in my loft. I was wondering if I could use the IR pass through on the TV in stead of the IR blaster supplied with the matrix. Would there be any advantage/disadvantage to doing this?
Seems that you can't use the inbuilt IR sensor in the TV :( I was hoping to avoid having an unsightly separate IR sensor.

I'm kind of doing this. Got my Samsung TV yesterday and have discovered my HDMI matrix receiver isn't receiving signals thourgh my glass cabinet. I'm using the pass thourgh on the TV to enable operation of the HDMI matrix, this is letting me work the matrix without seeing the receiver. Havn't tried using it control something other than the sky box so unsure how this will work with the blu-ray player.

Hope it's ok to resurrect this...

Can anyone confirm if the above actually works because there are conflicting experiences it seems...

I have a Samsung UE65F8000 TV and I would like to be able to run a 3.5mm male-to-male cable from the IR OUT on the TV to the IR IN on a 4x4 Matrix rather than using the IR blaster supplied with the Matrix. I was ideally going to daisy chain the TV to the receiver (Denon X7200WA) IR IN and then use the IR OUT of the receiver to go to the Matrix IR IN.

Does anyone know whether the IR OUT on these TVs is a passive thing or does it only work when you've configured the whole Universal Remote thing, with devices the TV "knows about".

Thanks in advance.

Answering my own question above.. this DIDN'T work.

The TV seems to only send signals down the cable connected to IR OUT for devices it has been set up to talk to via the Universal Remote setup process.

An 3.5mm male-to-male IR lead going from the TV to the receiver worked (Samsung remote could power on and off the amp) but only after it had been set up in the Universal Remote setup. The Denon amp remote did not work at all before or after the setup, nor did any other remote (Sky HD, Matrix, etc). In other words - the TV does not passively rebroadcast all IR signals it receives down the IR OUT cable, only the ones from its own remote and then only when it has been explicitly programmed to via Universal Remote setup.

I'm a bit stuck now - anyone have any ideas on what my options would be? I guess some kind of single IR receiver that distributes that to several outputs?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom