Samsung input lag help I read that changing the input names speeds it up

toddy28

I can't find the post about changing the hdmi input names speeds up input lag can anyone point me in the direction of the post

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
I would love to know how!
The input name is only for display, the port number is used within the software.
Yes, I'm involved with this stuff.

welsh mussels

i had imput lag when playing my xbox ,so i changed the hdmi to pc and turn game mode on,
press (source) on remote go to the hdmi socket you want to use choose (tools) on remote and choose pc,
then for game mode press (menu) on remote go to (setup) then (general)
this sorted the lag for me hope this helps you

toddy28

I would love to know how!
The input name is only for display, the port number is used within the software.
Yes, I'm involved with this stuff.
It was in a review that they got the lag down from 100 to 40 with out turning on game mode

I'm not saying it's true

StevieBuck

The input name is only for display
That's what I thought as well.

I have a 23" Samsung TV/monitor (SM 2333HD), and it has several preset label names you can select for each source. My PC is currently connected to it through it's DVI port. If I change the name to "DVI PC", the image goes sharp & crystal clear - as you'd expect from any monitor. If I change it to anything else ("Blu-ray", "DVD" or whatever is listed there) the image dissappears for a second, then when it reappears its nowhere near as sharp - pretty much unuseable with the resolution set to 1920x1080.

I have absolutley no idea what it changes, but it does affect the picture quality. There is nothing about this in the manual either which is quite annoying. The only way I found out about it was through these forums.

I think it does the same with HDMI as well, but I can't remember. Anyway, I think there may be some truth to what the OP is saying though.

Top Bottom