Samsung HW-S60T Soundbar Review & Comments

:thumbsup::thumbsup::beer:

Great review.

Would this improve the sound of a Samsung QE55Q90R and if so does it offer a viable alternative to the entry level Samsung soundbars such as the Q60R/T and Q70R/T?

Great review.

Would this improve the sound of a Samsung QE55Q90R and if so does it offer a viable alternative to the entry level Samsung soundbars such as the Q60R/T and Q70R/T?
q70R/t are in my opinion no entry-level at that price if you can get an Q70R for let's say 350 quid you have an incredible soundbar for that price and certainly an step-up. i bought mine 388 Euro's.

That’s a great price for a Q70R and agree about that model not being entry level.

Do you mind me asking where you bought it as they seem to be thin on the ground with the introduction of the 2020 models.

That’s a great price for a Q70R and agree about that model not being entry level.

Do you mind me asking where you bought it as they seem to be thin on the ground with the introduction of the 2020 models.
Belgium country bol.com the great rival here from.amazon

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Great review.

It would definitely improve the sound of your QE55Q90R, and makes a great choice if you want a single unit soundbar that produces good stereo sound. The HW-Q70R is a different beast entirely, supporting Dolby Atmos and DTS:X and adding a separate subwoofer for deep bass.

Hello and thank you for a very good review. I would have a question for the reviewer. In terms of sound quality, is there any major difference between Samsung HW-S60T and Yamaha MUSIC CAST BAR 40? Which one would you opt for? They both scored 8 in sound. Of course, there is also Sonos Beam but unfortunately (and incomprehensibly) it doesn´t have bluetooth and the wireless only works with 2.4 Ghz (not many people know it).

Hi , interested in this Samsung sound bar , currently got a yas306 but tend to find when listening on surround mode and watching normal TV it sounds a bit muffled and not very spacious considering its in surround mode so I'm basically using it on stereo mode !! The Samsung bass radiators , where are they because I can't see them on the Samsung site ??

Down to ÂŁ249 in most places. Will wait to see if the Sonos Beam is reduced again in the sales. If not, will go for this.

Apart from the wife hating it and calling the S61T an eyesore, I am very happy with my new purchase. My son and I watched The Midnight sky last night. It's the little things, the clink of a glass being placed on a table, the shuffling of chairs etc. They all add to the experience.

Apart from the wife hating it and calling the S61T an eyesore, I am very happy with my new purchase. My son and I watched The Midnight sky last night. It's the little things, the clink of a glass being placed on a table, the shuffling of chairs etc. They all add to the experience.
What's the bass like on it as it doesn't have built in subs ?

What's the bass like on it as it doesn't have built in subs ?
- it's quite 'punchy' (good volume and attack) just not as extended as a separate sub would provide

So I got one of these as a 'freebie' when I got a new Samsung QE55Q95 TV the other month. It replaced a Denon S216 - although tbh I'm thinking of swapping back. The S60T does provide good functionality with the TV - equaliser etc but we prefer the sound quality of the Denon for 2 main reasons - the Denon sounds more 'natural' and has a number of modes/controls to enhance clarity of vocals. The S60T does provide more 'whizz-bang' presence but isn't that good on speech despite fiddling with the equaliser (the adaptive sound fails on this score)

Just got this soundbar and it said it can connect to my Q80T via bluetooth. Am I right in thinking if I connect with bluetooth I won't get the full sound capabilities and only 2.0?

Can't find an answer elsewhere.

Bluetooth is the least quality sound you will get pcm for sure. 2.0 or 5.0 that depends how the st60 up mixes the track.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom