Never saw games like this 4k120 gsync
Doom eternal is especially impressive

I can bitstream atmos but no DTS at all

My setup is
3070 -> Q95A -> Q950T

No frame rate drops / judder ?sky ,terrestrial tv
Not at all
But an other problem

When I play a game, maybe cause of the 4k120 gsync, if I select dolby atmos for home theater in sound instead of stereo, I haven't any sound at all

The sound is back only when I select stereo in windows sound settings.

Edit : Ok, it's bad quality hdmi 2.0 cable who can't pass atmos via eArc, I just tested with a good 2.1
Edit again ^^ No, does not work at all with dolby atmos for home theater in sound instead of stereo or 5.1
No matter what setting I can try on the TV

I'm lost here..

Last edited:
Hi,

Saw this review, he reviewed the Soundbar Q950T as a unit and now he is just focusing on Q-symphony feature ( spoiler its not that great ).

I've updated to new firmware and notice no difference, apart from my sub is not connecting again now after I fixed it !🤬

Hi all, I own the LG SN11. A few people on the LG forum have jumped ship to the samsung and say it's better. I'm wondering whether to do the same. It's hard to know though if issues are bar or content specific so as an example I was hoping someone may be able to provide an honest verdict on how the Q950t handles the following scene as on the LG, 5.1 is way better than Atmos. Is this poor LG handling, or just a poor Atmos mix?

Disney+, Star Wars: A new hope - timestamp 2mins-4mins. Playing on 5.1 (on TV app as this does not have Atmos) compared to XboxOne (in Atmos)

In Atmos the laser fire and door explosion is muted whereas in 5.1 it is rich. And when C3PO says 'did you hear that', in Atmos you can barely make it out but its fine in 5.1

Thanks in advance if anyone can spare the time and is curious.

The speech can be a bit quite ,but the sound effects rock the house down.i just turn all the settingvon the surround down and pump the center up a bit .the sub has been my main problem, it connects then disconnects but still has a blue light on!.also when I first set it up the sub rocked my room on 0 ,but now it's gone very low .wish it had a dynamic volume control or night mode.uts to full on all tge time ,thats at 20 volume .I fine some music can come across a bit harsh on the ear as well.but I do have a really good set up in another room and trying to compare it to that .but overall for a sound bar it's great 👍

What's weird is this $ has been available well before the new model was even mentioned.

RRP was 2100 on release.
Always more expensive in Europe.thinks like spotify for example, 10 dollars in USA 10 pound in uk .we get robbed all the time 🤣🤬

Always more expensive in Europe.thinks like spotify for example, 10 dollars in USA 10 pound in uk .we get robbed all the time 🤣🤬
We normally get the wrong end of the stick here, our location and small pop means higher prices, it's good to see we can get some stuff cheaper.

AVRs are almost double the $ as are speakers here.

That's why I am happy to hang onto the the 950.

Normally the same here TBH - that was .com.au so AU$ rather than US.

Hi all, I own the LG SN11. A few people on the LG forum have jumped ship to the samsung and say it's better. I'm wondering whether to do the same. It's hard to know though if issues are bar or content specific so as an example I was hoping someone may be able to provide an honest verdict on how the Q950t handles the following scene as on the LG, 5.1 is way better than Atmos. Is this poor LG handling, or just a poor Atmos mix?

Disney+, Star Wars: A new hope - timestamp 2mins-4mins. Playing on 5.1 (on TV app as this does not have Atmos) compared to XboxOne (in Atmos)

In Atmos the laser fire and door explosion is muted whereas in 5.1 it is rich. And when C3PO says 'did you hear that', in Atmos you can barely make it out but its fine in 5.1

Thanks in advance if anyone can spare the time and is curious.
Anyone up for trying this?

this will be interesting...
Screenshot 2021-04-19 194752.jpg

I'm considering this soundbar. Does it have to be positioned at ear height?

I'm considering this soundbar. Does it have to be positioned at ear height?

Ear height is always a good thing, the tweeters will be more effective and whilst it's not 100% necessary, you will get a better overall more direct sound.
In saying this you have access to an EQ which can add frequencies that might struggle at a different ear level.
I have the T and it is an extremely competent sound bar, so much so I have packed away my 2 sub system.
It truly shines with ATMOS content, music isn't its greatest strengths but general TV watching is fine. Voices are quite surprising as I have always struggled with proper matched speakers in my dedicated system.
I purchased a $500 center in the pandemic, my sound bar cost 1129, the 950T does voices better than the $500 center as I feel the timbre is matched better across all channels where my mistake with my dedicated set up is mismatched speakers.
The quality isn't off, it's the timbre or tone. This is where the 950T excels imo.

Ear height is always a good thing, the tweeters will be more effective and whilst it's not 100% necessary, you will get a better overall more direct sound.
In saying this you have access to an EQ which can add frequencies that might struggle at a different ear level.
I have the T and it is an extremely competent sound bar, so much so I have packed away my 2 sub system.
It truly shines with ATMOS content, music isn't its greatest strengths but general TV watching is fine. Voices are quite surprising as I have always struggled with proper matched speakers in my dedicated system.
I purchased a $500 center in the pandemic, my sound bar cost 1129, the 950T does voices better than the $500 center as I feel the timbre is matched better across all channels where my mistake with my dedicated set up is mismatched speakers.
The quality isn't off, it's the timbre or tone. This is where the 950T excels imo.
I agree if possible ear level .but I have it on a tv stand and it sound great.it takes a bit of messing with tone levels to find what's right for you ,and yes music to me as well is not a strong point.im still messing with the eq to get a good sound,at the moment it can make my ears ring with some content.
Also every now and then my sub stops working and I have to unplug it and then plug back in .the blue light is on when the sub isn't working so not sure why no sound comes out 🤷‍♂️👍😁

Putting this soundbar at ear height will be an issue for me as my TV stand is only about 50cm tall. I'm worried that if I put the soundbar at a lower height than my ears, it will affect the wide and surround speakers as well (affecting that sense of immersion). If I angle the soundbar slightly upwards towards my ears, I'm worried that it will affect the height speakers immersion.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom