Samsung HW-Q950T Soundbar Review & Comments

ClemensRausch

Hi.i had same problem with my sub ,I unplugged everything for ten mins then you need to turn on the sub first wait 10 seconds then turn on the rears then wait again then turn on the main bar. Then when it is all connected you need to int it think you press up on the remote for 20 seconds till INT comes up on the display .
This worked for me
Hey, thanks for the fast reply. I will try it. Did you have problem number 1 or 2? And what does INT mean? May I ask, how you figured out this solution? xD

Rev007

Think it means initiate🤷‍♂️.number 1.try putting it in to adaptive mode to test the rear speakers are working. I could be wrong but do they not go into some sort of standby mode if there not active for 15 mins (rears).I saw the order you need to turn them on in a YouTube vid .sorry I carnt be more helpful. If you look in the manual it tells you how to reset the speakers .👍

ClemensRausch

Hi.i had same problem with my sub ,I unplugged everything for ten mins then you need to turn on the sub first wait 10 seconds then turn on the rears then wait again then turn on the main bar. Then when it is all connected you need to int it think you press up on the remote for 20 seconds till INT comes up on the display .
Thi

Think it means initiate🤷‍♂️.number 1.try putting it in to adaptive mode to test the rear speakers are working. I could be wrong but do they not go into some sort of standby mode if there not active for 15 mins (rears).I saw the order you need to turn them on in a YouTube vid .sorry I carnt be more helpful. If you look in the manual it tells you how to reset the speakers .👍

Thank you again! I will try it. Yes your right it turns into standby after 15 min or so, but thats not my issue it happens just when watching a movie. Ye I already reset the speakers as well... I will give you feedback if it worked and I hope I may get some other answers as well, which help me out! Thank you guys so far!:)

Rev007

If you are in a flat could someone elses wifi be messing with yours .maybe try a different channel on your router .just an idea 💡

ClemensRausch

If you are in a flat could someone elses wifi be messing with yours .maybe try a different channel on your router .just an idea 💡
Indeed, that could be a problem, but as far as I understood, only the 5.8 GHz is important for the soundbar, as it communicates with its wireless speakers in this frequency... Thats why I totally switched off my 5.8 GHz frequency on my router & access point. I will attach a screenshot of my 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz signals from wifi analyzer in the attachment. Any recommendations? Pretty messy here around huh? Our networks are "opossum" and "opossum_ext" which only run on 2.4 GHz. The first picture shows my surrounding 2.4 GHz field and the second picture shows the 5.8 GHz field.

Attachments

• 1_2.4.jpg
    1_2.4.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 45
  • 2_5.8.jpg
    2_5.8.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 45

borafa

Novice Member
Hi guys,

I got 2 question, can somebody confirm or refute?

1. can this soundbar playback DD+ Atmos (Netflix) over Arc (not eArc)
(I have a Philips 65Oled855, which has no eArc but can send DD+ Atmos over Arc)

2. Does this soundbar passthrough Dolby Vision and HDR10+?

Thanks in advance

Rev007

You can do netflix atmos through arc as long as it from something like nvidia shield tv pro, if you use app straight from tv then you need earc.(as I understand it).yes it does dolby vision and hdr10 .but it does not advertise it does dolby vision passthrough.

BeefS2

Hi guys,

I got 2 question, can somebody confirm or refute?

1. can this soundbar playback DD+ Atmos (Netflix) over Arc (not eArc)
(I have a Philips 65Oled855, which has no eArc but can send DD+ Atmos over Arc)

2. Does this soundbar passthrough Dolby Vision and HDR10+?

Thanks in advance

I have LG e8 with just ARC. I’m able to get DD+ atmos from lg internal app like Netflix or Disney+. I also have a shield plugged into the bar which can pass DD+ atmos. The q950t handles both just fine. I’m also able to pass Dolby Vision through the bar to the e8. Lg TVs can’t play hdr10+, but hdr10+ pass through is advertised for the q950t

AndyM82

Novice Member
Price-wise, how good is 999 Euros for a brand new one of these? And is it worth the extra cash, over 399 Euros for an 800T?

oscarmadfish

Distinguished Member
Price-wise, how good is 999 Euros for a brand new one of these? And is it worth the extra cash, over 399 Euros for an 800T?
if a euro is the same as a £then its awesome price

Bill799

Wow, so it is a very good deal then! It was still higher than my budget, but very tempting considering I can get it on interest free finance too! Oh my, decisions decisions! 😅
What retailer are you buying from? Any idea if they ship to Ireland? Thanks

AndyM82

Novice Member
What retailer are you buying from? Any idea if they ship to Ireland? Thanks
I'm a Brit in Italy. Mediaworld is the company (Germany also has them but they call it MediaMarket). They don't ship outside of Italy unfortunately. Unsure about German site, but they'd have different offers anyway.

AndyM82

Novice Member
I'm a Brit in Italy. Mediaworld is the company (Germany also has them but they call it MediaMarket). They don't ship outside of Italy unfortunately. Unsure about German site, but they'd have different offers anyway.
Just realised I must have created two separate accounts at some point 😅

clopezi

Novice Member
Hi!

I just bought this soundbar (750€ with student discount) and I have one question. I saw on other review site that the soundbar dosn't support 5.1 PCM with HDMI in (but support it on eARC, curious).

So, the question is, its any way to support surround sound on Nintendo Switch without eARC? It's a fix incoming or it's this way and it is?

I have and LG C8, unfortunately without eARC, but the TV it's almost new so I cannot change in a while...

Thank you!

ManuBBXX

Let's us know how you get on .does this tv have the fre drop issues and bad judder like last year's qled tv series??.hope its good 👍👍👍👍😁
Sure, will tell you this week end, I mount the TV on the wall tomorrow, and first start !
Can't wait

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on UK streaming services for June 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Austrian Audio launches Hi-X65 headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Roku expands streaming content with Roku Originals
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for June 2021