Samsung HW-Q950T and HW-Q900T Soundbar - Review & Comments

Do you have any automations or maybe a routine in Alexa perhaps?
Yes I do. I have turn TV on and Turn TV off in Harmony hub. I’m not asking it to do it though. Do you think there may be some sort of timer in the the routine? This does turn off tv, sky q and the sound bar.

Yes I do. I have turn TV on and Turn TV off in Harmony hub. I’m not asking it to do it though. Do you think there may be some sort of timer in the the routine? This does turn off tv, sky q and the sound bar.
I wouldnt be able to tell what the settings are, but it might be worth looking into perhaps. Maybe if your harmony is linked with Alexa also.

Dear All,
finally I got my PS5 me too.
It is connected PS5 -> Q950T (1019.5) -> TV
From the beginning I notice a generic REALLY LOW audio volume.
After that I discovered that happen with LPCM only.
Instead everything work PERFECT if audio is set to Dolby or DTS.
Someone have same problems?

Many thanks for your replies
Federico

PS - Again, someone can tell me what Game Mode of the soundbar do? (better low latency or real time EQ only ?)

Last edited:
Dear All,
finally I got my PS5 me too.
It is connected PS5 -> Q950T (1019.5) -> TV
From the beginning I notice a generic LOW volume in game and home screen sound comes from 2.0 channels only (really strange because in game I can hear multichannels).
After that I discovered that happen with LPCM only.
Instead everything work PERFECT if audio is set to Dolby or DTS... (volume OK and multichannel work in home screen and games too)
Someone have same problems?

Many thanks for your replies
Federico

PS - Again, someone can tell me what Game Mode of the soundbar do? (better low latency or real time EQ only ?)
How is it connected? Optical or hdmi? And what TV? Does it have eARC if using hdmi? What are your TV settings?

LPCM on the PS5 is ideal, uncompressed/lossless audio with minimal delay.

How is it connected? Optical or hdmi? And what TV? Does it have eARC if using hdmi? What are your TV settings?

LPCM on the PS5 is ideal, uncompressed/lossless audio with minimal delay.
Hi there,
PS5 to Q950T to TV on HDMI
My TV is an OLED65C8 LG (where ARC is used from internal TV apps ... not by PS5)

Hi there,
PS5 to Q950T to TV on HDMI
My TV is an OLED65C8 LG (where ARC is used from internal TV apps ... not by PS5)
Make sure your audio settings are configured properly on the LG. I don’t have that model so I can’t help you specifically unfortunately.

Make sure your audio settings are configured properly on the LG. I don’t have that model so I can’t help you specifically unfortunately.
Thanks for your reply,
but I can´t configure nothing because my PS5 is direclty connected to soundbar... so I don´t use ARC with the console.
Anyway I edit my previous message ...

Hi
Has anyone got any wall speaker stands for the rears and if so would you mind recommending any?
I couldn't find any suitable speaker stands and instead went for wall mount speaker brackets which looks amazing for my SWA-9100S

Just asked this on the 950A thread but maybe someone on here can answer:

I have owned the 950T since launch and now have the 950A also. One disc I use to test is the expanse. It has 2 settings for sound, LPCM or DTS HD. Until one of the updates on the 950T I had to change the default sound mode (LPCM) on the blu ray player to DTS HD to get any sound from the rears (I always use standard mode on the soundbar). After the update I got sound from the rears on the default LPCM setting.
Now I have the 950A I have done all the updates and am on version 1008. I have just tested the expanse blu ray and have the same issue as the 950T had before the LPCM update. Does this mean that the 950A has the same LPCM issue as the 950T had until the LPCM update?

Just asked this on the 950A thread but maybe someone on here can answer:

I have owned the 950T since launch and now have the 950A also. One disc I use to test is the expanse. It has 2 settings for sound, LPCM or DTS HD. Until one of the updates on the 950T I had to change the default sound mode (LPCM) on the blu ray player to DTS HD to get any sound from the rears (I always use standard mode on the soundbar). After the update I got sound from the rears on the default LPCM setting.
Now I have the 950A I have done all the updates and am on version 1008. I have just tested the expanse blu ray and have the same issue as the 950T had before the LPCM update. Does this mean that the 950A has the same LPCM issue as the 950T had until the LPCM update?
It sure sounds like it. I haven't got a 950A but are you sure you're using the latest firmware for it, as downloadable from the Samsung website and not via the SmartThings app?

It sure sounds like it. I haven't got a 950A but are you sure you're using the latest firmware for it, as downloadable from the Samsung website and not via the SmartThings app?
Yes, needed to download the latest from the Samsung site as the smart things app wouldn't download the latest one. Also did a factory reset after installing the latest firmware as I remember last time after installing the update on the Q950T, even though it said on the smart things app I had the latest version, it needed a factory reset to get the LPCM working.
One thing related to this which I haven't tried. Apparently if there is a new version that the smart things app refuses to download, switch off auto download and try it again and it might download.

Yes, needed to download the latest from the Samsung site as the smart things app wouldn't download the latest one. Also did a factory reset after installing the latest firmware as I remember last time after installing the update on the Q950T, even though it said on the smart things app I had the latest version, it needed a factory reset to get the LPCM working.
One thing related to this which I haven't tried. Apparently if there is a new version that the smart things app refuses to download, switch off auto download and try it again and it might download.

LPCM via hdmi IN or via eArc ?
Can't have LPCM working via eArc personally, but it perfectly works via hdmi IN

Hi All ....... I have just purchased the Q900T (this is my first soundbar) and have it connected via HDMI (SANDSTROM Black Series S1HDM115 High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet) to my Samsung Q7FN TV through the HDMI Arc inputs. I have Netflix with the premium subscription and cannot get the Dolby Atmos to work (watching 6 Underground). Could somebody advise where I am going wrong.

Thank You

Last edited:
There's a hiss on my Q850T when nothing is playing.

Hello,

Well, very happy with the sound but very disappointed with the audio lag.

Connection: APPLE TV -> Q950T SOUNDBAR -> OLED SONY 77A80J on Earc port

All HDMI cables are 2.1 and have been changed.

I have to add +250 to 300ms to have the sound properly adjusted.

No problem when the Apple TV is plugged on the TV but I lose ATMOS.

No problem with PS5 connected to the TV.

With internal application of the TV no problem..

The Apple TV is configured in LPCM

Any tracks ?

I noticed 2 things!

1. Surround mode is awesome now, improved for sure.

2. Those quite surround sounds that you almost can't hear are louder now.

The bar feels more balanced now some how, I love it!
Thanks Gogiii for your quick feedback. I will wait till friday and would love to hear your thoughts till then!:)
Via USB or also via smartthings?

Just did a quick test with firmware ver 1020.1 and LPCM with PS5 and LG CX via eARC seems to finally be working fine!! I can't believe it!!

Thanks Gogiii for your quick feedback. I will wait till friday and would love to hear your thoughts till then!:)
Via USB or also via smartthings?
Via USB, maaan I feel I'm hearing sounds that I didn't hear before. It's F*****g amazing, I love it. I don't care if my rears lose connection anymore because this bar sounds amazing now!

Edit: Subwoofer definitely improved as well!

Last edited:
Checked with XSX, and LPCM is working great via eARC too. Unfortunately Dolby Atmos for HT is not working via eARC.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom