Samsung HW-Q950A Soundbar Review & Comments

Talkshowchris

Lee Moles

Wouldn't do that as you'll lose 120hz functionality on the console.

Currently don’t have a 120hz TV. Plus I have a Philips Hue Sunc box which the PS5 needs to pass though and looses the 120hz on.

The way it’s going, when I go get a new Samsung TV, is going to make all of my plug in devices pretty redundant

Diabolik007

Novice Member
Thanks a lot for your test Steve. I currently have an LG 77G1 Evo TV and I'm hesitating between 2 sound bars:

- LG SP11RA
- Samsung HW-950A

The 2 bars are excellent but the sound of the samsung bar seems to be above the LG in the tests I read. On the other hand, I would miss 2 features since I don't have a Samsung screen:

• the Q-Symphony feature
  • the Spacefit Sound+ calibration which is obviously only possible if samsung screen with.
  • Features AI Sound with LG Bar
Is it a good idea to make a combo LG G1 and the samsung bar or do you think I should look on the LG brand with its associated bar?

aliencinema

Just bought one of these
Just wondered how people are finding them, I haven't heard it yet
I recently heard a sonos arc, and wow it sounded awesome, hopefully I've made the right decision

andykillsu

Just bought one of these
Just wondered how people are finding them, I haven't heard it yet
I recently heard a sonos arc, and wow it sounded awesome, hopefully I've made the right decision
How are people finding them?… but looking at them online and buying them or going into Best Buy and buying them ect lol. This soundbar is generally considered better that the ARC.

Smashpotatoes

Novice Member
How are people finding them?… but looking at them online and buying them or going into Best Buy and buying them ect lol. This soundbar is generally considered better that the ARC.
Online. I almost bought mine from GT but found a sweet deal on Amazon. Just had to wait a few weeks.

Weevus

Standard Member
Does anyone have any experience with the q950a coming from a dedicated 5.1 setup? Thinking of simplifying a little bit. Thanks.

i_raz

Does anyone have any experience with the q950a coming from a dedicated 5.1 setup? Thinking of simplifying a little bit. Thanks.

I came from a relatively high end separate system and currently have the 950t (bought the 950a but still currently boxed until I sell my 950t). Although it won't sound as good as a high end separate system I was pleasantly surprised with the sound quality. Only thing I find lacking is the real deep bass you get from a bigger subwoofer.

lee82gx

Novice Member
I found another bug :
If I were to stream with Airplay + Spotify and change the volume from my Iphone, the sound bar will completely hang, play garbled sound, and disconnect from the wifi. It will be unresponsive as heck and it will say Wifi disconnected. In my case I tried another wifi SSID which was purely 5GHz ac rather than the initially buggy 2.4G+5G ax. one.

Airplay with wifi is really useless right now. I also have not managed to get Alexa to work.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom