Samsung HW-Q90R Soundbar Review & Comments

:eek: to be fair I only use mine for mainly streaming, never download anything to even justify the speeds I am getting now to be honest.
It's super fast and super reliable.... we always stream multiple content daily and never had any issues with broadband or WiFi issues. :)
I have too many kids, 2 gaming pc's wired, x box and ps4 wired, 3 smart tvs and 6 phones on the WiFi. Lockdown wasnt helping. Hopefully I will see the difference with virgin.

I have too many kids, 2 gaming pc's wired, x box and ps4 wired, 3 smart tvs and 6 phones on the WiFi. Lockdown wasnt helping. Hopefully I will see the difference with virgin.
I would also consider a good WiFi mesh system if you already haven't got one.
The WiFi on virgin routers and others aren't that great once you start loading up devices.
I ended up getting the NetGear Orbi 50 setup which has helped massively with WiFi speeds around and outside the house. :D

Hi all. I have a pair of speaker stands for the rears from vebus. I had to drill the backplate but once the dpeakers are on shouldnt be an issue.

You would think it would be cheaper on samsungs own site, price should be dropping soon the with the 950 out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200827-190733_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200827-190733_Chrome.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 166
That is pretty funny!=) Last week in Finland price was 749€ in three places and was in stock product. Now it's back to 979€. HW-Q950T is 1499€ and LG SN11RG is 1999€. The price gap is way too big to even consider to buy anything else than Q90R.

Apologies as I’m sure this has been answered but couldn’t find. The review says no eArc, has this now been resolved via fw update?

Does anyone here have any bluetooth latency and intermittence issues when connecting and playing from a phone to the soundbar?

Not sure why my link isn't working. Let's try this one: Neoteck HDMI 2.0 splitter at Amazon

I've no idea why putting the splitter in the chain solves the re-sync/handshake issues, but I'm glad it does!
That splitter only does dolby vision at 30hz. After seeing this, I set my shield to output dolby vision at 30hz and I haven't had an issue since. 30hz is not ideal though for a lot of content and makes menu scrolling appear laggy so now I only turn DV on when I want to view DV content.

Edit: when I first checked the amazon link it showed a 4k/30hz device now it's showing a 4k/60hz device.

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
That splitter only does dolby vision at 30hz. After seeing this, I set my shield to output dolby vision at 30hz and I haven't had an issue since. 30hz is not ideal though for a lot of content and makes menu scrolling appear laggy so now I only turn DV on when I want to view DV content.

Edit: when I first checked the amazon link it showed a 4k/30hz device now it's showing a 4k/60hz device.
Mine definitely does DV 4K/60Hz. Still rock solid. One other thing I've noticed is that if 'HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Colour' is enabled on my LG C8, I get the handshake issues even with the splitter. If it's disabled, no handshake issues and I can see no negative effects on SDR, HDR or DV. I've read/assumed it must be enabled for proper HDR/DV support but it doesn't appear to be the case?

Hello,

I was wondering if you could help me. I bought used Samsung q90r soundbar and only at home I realised that I was sold two rear right speakers. Too far to travel to give it back. Is there a way I can make one of them work as rear left by reprogramming it ?

Hello,

I was wondering if you could help me. I bought used Samsung q90r soundbar and only at home I realised that I was sold two rear right speakers. Too far to travel to give it back. Is there a way I can make one of them work as rear left by reprogramming it ?
Have you tested them? Do they both play Right effects?

Yes I have. They both play the same. Can't hear the sound moving from left to right or vice versa.

Love the sound it produces but hate that it doesn’t play well with Harmony remote

Love the sound it produces but hate that it doesn’t play well with Harmony remote

Hi mate, I only have the smart control but within each activity I mapped a short press of the “e” button to soundbar source toggle and long press to soundbar power toggle, It makes it a bit easier to manage when the bar powers of by mistake or invariable lands on the wrong source after a activity change

Hi mate, I only have the smart control but within each activity I mapped a short press of the “e” button to soundbar source toggle and long press to soundbar power toggle, It makes it a bit easier to manage when the bar powers of by mistake or invariable lands on the wrong source after a activity change
Thanks, I forgot about mapping. I’ll give it a go

Thanks, I forgot about mapping. I’ll give it a go

It's not ideal but it beats having to find the bar remote/use app to get it onto the right input. The lack of discrete source inputs is deffo an annoyance

Has anyone encountered an issue where the subwoofer makes a sort of popping noise at times? Like a sort of distortion as though it’s blown or something is loose?

Has anyone encountered an issue where the subwoofer makes a sort of popping noise at times? Like a sort of distortion as though it’s blown or something is loose?
Is this sound/noise really comming from the SW? Sometimes small parts of furniture or room decorations can shake/vibrate by low frequencies produced by the SW.

Wow... put on a song through my B9 via AirPlay that was stereo and noticed it came through the rears too... definitely a bug in the unit. I noticed I went through all the sound modes back to standard and it came through just the soundbar (stereo). Not sure if it adaptive or surround or what but that is happening...

Wow... put on a song through my B9 via AirPlay that was stereo and noticed it came through the rears too... definitely a bug in the unit. I noticed I went through all the sound modes back to standard and it came through just the soundbar (stereo). Not sure if it adaptive or surround or what but that is happening...
So this is happening with both the q90r and q950t?

I wouldn’t say it’s common but people have had this issue. Sometimes it’s related to WiFi interference. Do you have a router nearby? Might also be worth limiting 5g WiFi channels to the lower end of the 5g frequencies within the router. The sub and rears communicate via 5.8ghz frequency. If that doesn’t solve it, I’d swap the sub out for a new one as it’s probably defective.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom