Samsung HW-Q90R Soundbar Review & Comments

I see. The rears on the LG are as effective as my separates if I am being honest. I have now almost found a permanent solution to adding my Active subwoofer into the mix which means I don't have to worry about the missing infrasonic deep bass and this solution should apply to any soundbar.

How is your Q90R fairing in comparison to your ex-LG SN11 ?
What rear stands for you using please

thanks dude Yeah it’s definitely worth the extra then. What stands are best for rears
I have a table behind the couch that I've been using, I don't have a ton of extra space behind. Sorry, can't help with the stand question

thank you dude

I am fairly sure this stand is universal (for up to 5 Kg). This has now saved me from buying a dedicated stand which cots nearly thrice the price of this one.

Also consider this if the rear cables are shorter. The one supplied with LG was only 5 ft.

Amazon product ASIN B01LO3JV7O

You can download some testing files from www.demolandia.net, but I am afraid there is not too much to calibrate on our soundbar as you can`t change the volume and parameters of every single speaker. It is a shame there are only 3 EQ presets in Smart Shings app and none of them for different types of movies.

Thank you

Been watching Magnetic on Netflix, sounds excellent on the q90r. Rears are really active

Apart from John wick what other movies sound great on the system
Blade Runner (remastered in Dolby Vision/Atmos) is my favorite. Been watching Tales From The Loop on prime in UHD and I've been impressed with how active the rear speakers are. The next ones I'm going to try are saving private ryan, and Jaws.

Can someone help me I have noticed on the q90r when nothing is being played through the bar the left and right front channel tweeters only and not centre is like a sort of ground floor noise but can only hear with ear pressed against bar could someone do me a favour and check there’s see if it’s normal or my bar is faulty the louder the volume the louder the noise you can’t hear it with something playing just hope it’s normal and not broken

Last edited:
Can someone help me I have noticed on the q90r when nothing is being played through the bar the left and right front channel tweeters only and not centre is like a sort of ground floor noise but can only hear with ear pressed against bar could someone do me a favour and check there’s see if it’s normal or my bar is faulty the louder the volume the louder the noise you can’t hear it with something playing just hope it’s normal and not broken
Could be WiFi interference? Do you have a router nearby?

Soundbar arrived look like it’s been dropped hopefully I’ll have no issues
28B9428E-210A-4D7A-A4B3-4088028E9D04.jpeg
427C2B7E-109F-4057-B16C-3F58DF838D9D.jpeg

Soundbar arrived look like it’s been dropped hopefully I’ll have no issues
Good luck and a lot of fun with your new toy.
There is a lot of polystyrene inside so the speakers should not be damaged.

Hi All,

Welp, having an issue that I'd like to see if anyone has some ideas on. First, my setup (which admitedly is more unique than most):

• Roku Ultra - - HDMI 1 - - 1080p Panasonic
  • Cables are 2.0
  • Firmware 1010.5
The issue is exclusively when receiving 4K signal (apps like VUDU, Disney, USB from Roku with Dolby trailers). When I play a movie/video, sometmes all is well and sometimes I only get video (no audio front, rear or sub). And in the cases where I do get both, if I dare pause the movie or back out to menu, audio always drops. Either turning off/on the Soundbar or cycling through the inputs back around to HDMI 1 will get me sound back, but then I am back to sometimes the sound works and sometimes not when resuming the movie.

No issues at all with non 4K (YouTube, other various apps).

Am I just screwed until I upgrade to a 4K TV via eARC? Or does anyone know a fix? Again, to be clear, video is perfect (1080p of course), but never an issue with it.

Thanks

I have very similar issue with Dolby Atmos from internal Netflix app on 65OLED754 (also built in demo in TV and other demo files do this) and the same way as yours helps (switch source or turn off/on). This was not happening when switched TV audio output to multichannel audio from bypass, but my feeling from the sound decoded by TV was not as good as by soundbar - but it may be just a feeling, I need to play with it a bit more.

guessing yours don’t do it then just don’t want it damaging speaker and WiFi is about 10 feet away
Yes, I don’t have that problem but have had similar problems with another soundbar. I limited my 5g band and shut off the 2.4ghz band. Haven’t a problem since. If the router is 10 ft away, then it sounds like that’s not the problem. Do you have the latest firmware on the rears?

Yes, I don’t have that problem but have had similar problems with another soundbar. I limited my 5g band and shut off the 2.4ghz band. Haven’t a problem since. If the router is 10 ft away, then it sounds like that’s not the problem. Do you have the latest firmware on the rears?
Yeah everything’s fine sound quality is fine and great just that noise I don’t want it breaking speaker because It’s obvs gone when things are played just when silent if I press ear to it it I can hear it

Anyone who has this soundbar, is it possible to hide the subwoofer? Or do I have to have it frontstage?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom