C299DB59-9139-47CE-9E6A-AF12A3CBA7C4.jpeg
    268.5 KB · Views: 106
  • 6EC39A67-DE89-42C6-8B6C-5BF4CB549D5A.jpeg
    6EC39A67-DE89-42C6-8B6C-5BF4CB549D5A.jpeg
    363.5 KB · Views: 120
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    329.5 KB · Views: 111
So yours get warm too? Does at make like a fan noise too with no audio and I’ve never had the problem with low audio
Ours do not seem to get warm, but audio is very low and you need to rpess your ear close to the speaker to hear anything even with ATMOS. At a minimum I would expect it to work in a 5.1 mode.

Ours do not seem to get warm, but audio is very low and you need to rpess your ear close to the speaker to hear anything even with ATMOS. At a minimum I would expect it to work in a 5.1 mode.
I never have mine louder then 16 it’s very loud even rears I only ever use Atmos tbh my go to films to test are saving private Ryan beach landing and ready player one racing scene I’ve noticed a it’s Atmos though with 5.1 it’s always using sound Atmos only puts it through channel when needed

I officially give up now. I’ve got the 80, which is the same bar, and no matter what I do. I can’t get decent lip syncing on my Sky HD box through ARC.

driven me completely nuts.

I never have mine louder then 16 it’s very loud even rears I only ever use Atmos tbh my go to films to test are saving private Ryan beach landing and ready player one racing scene I’ve noticed a it’s Atmos though with 5.1 it’s always using sound Atmos only puts it through channel when needed
I also use Saving Private Ryan as a benchmark. I have a old Sony Blu-ray and even on that the lip sync is slightly out. I also have it as downloaded off Sky and same lip sync issue.
However more of a concern is that whether using Blu Ray player or watching download even with rear speakers which should give you a minimum of 5.1 sound, however it is not there. The sound from the rear speakers is barely audible. The DVD definitely has 5.1 audio.

I see all the problems I had with my HWQ-90 are still there , I returned mine after a few frustrating weeks . Never did get DV pass through , even the store I bought it from couldn't get it , I don't get how some reviewers say they got DV :confused:

I also had terrible lip sync issues and just cutting out with no sound , That only a reboot would solve , I swear I messed about with it longer than I actually listened to it .
Glad to see some members having luck with though , I just don't get all the inconsistency with this piece of hardware .

I see all the problems I had with my HWQ-90 are still there , I returned mine after a few frustrating weeks . Never did get DV pass through , even the store I bought it from couldn't get it , I don't get how some reviewers say they got DV :confused:

I also had terrible lip sync issues and just cutting out with no sound , That only a reboot would solve , I swear I messed about with it longer than I actually listened to it .
Glad to see some members having luck with though , I just don't get all the inconsistency with this piece of hardware .
We have the lip sync issue and also the sound cutting out however it seems that it is the HDMI inputs on the control box for the Q90 TV that is causing the issue. Do you have the same TV or a different brand.

We have the lip sync issue and also the sound cutting out however it seems that it is the HDMI inputs on the control box for the Q90 TV that is causing the issue. Do you have the same TV or a different brand.
I have the same brand ( Panasonic) albeit a different model with built in speakers now . Seemed a much better solution for me . It was the DV that bugged me the most , the lip sync only happened when I had my ATV connected direct to source and not thru the sound bar , if I sent the picture thru the sound bar no DV and no lip sync issues, I just couldn’t win , lol .

An awkward interview at times, especially when asked about the eARC update where I think he was referring to the Q90R TV, although it's quite likely if the TV gets the update the soundbar will as well.

Yeah, most probably he was answering to the TV and not soundbar...hopefully both get the update...

Thanks for the pics, my remote is different to yours, it doesn't have any of the buttons in the middle.. that would be why I couldn't find it!

I can now see when I go into picture settings tho that it is passing thru Dolby Vision!

Thanks for your help

I have the same brand ( Panasonic) albeit a different model with built in speakers now . Seemed a much better solution for me . It was the DV that bugged me the most , the lip sync only happened when I had my ATV connected direct to source and not thru the sound bar , if I sent the picture thru the sound bar no DV and no lip sync issues, I just couldn’t win , lol .
We have the AV engineer from Martin Dawes coming on Wednesday to check the TV & soundbar. Luckily I have been able to record the sound drop out. He can see the lip sync issue and also the other, some weird, issues we have with the TV. I am sure that he will recommend a return to the dealer.
If we reject the TV we will be going for the Panasonic GZ2000 with a small woofer. We do not mind a bit of the rumble from the sub woofer when it is appropriate, but dislike it when it is over powering like on some movies hence a small sub woofer like the Revel B8 from RS.

I have problems with selecting the hdmi sources on the soundbar. I have the devices with hdmi plugged in the HW-Q90R and connect to Philips 65OLED854/12 TV.

How it is connect:

Playstation 4 Pro -> Soundbar -> Tv
TV-reciever -> Soundbar -> TV

When I switch the source sometimes the tv isn’t show the right display. Before the screen is on the right source the tv screen is a couple second green. Also I have got one time that the tv is show a couple seconds noise image and then black and then noise image and so go on. I have turned everything off and then back on and then it worked normal. The switching between the hdmi sources Is very slow.
Al the hdmi cable are version 2.1 and brand new. The soundbar is on the latest firmware version. I updated my EU version Soundbar to the V1008 US version.

How do I fix this?

Just got the soundbar last week that came with v1008 firmware (manufacture date on box: January 2020) and it worked flawless out of the box.

A couple questions, I know that if you play any true Dolby Atmos source, the soundbar will briefly show "Dolby Atmos", but does it also do the same for DTS:X sources as well? Also, anyone can confirm if the soundbar supports aptX over bluetooth?

Just got the soundbar last week that came with v1008 firmware (manufacture date on box: January 2020) and it worked flawless out of the box.

A couple questions, I know that if you play any true Dolby Atmos source, the soundbar will briefly show "Dolby Atmos", but does it also do the same for DTS:X sources as well? Also, anyone can confirm if the soundbar supports aptX over bluetooth?

Yes mate DTS:X scrolls across the front.

Bluetooth doesn’t support aptx, I assume it’s using SBC.

Quick help guys i just done the Atmos test on soundbar through Xbox app and I only had it at 15 volume so will be fine but made a loud pop Any one else had this??

Tbh I think it’s same problems as Atmos Netflix think it’s just Xbox’s Atmos that causes it but do you think the crackle/pop will damage the speakers at all?

Tbh I think it’s same problems as Atmos Netflix think it’s just Xbox’s Atmos that causes it but do you think the crackle/pop will damage the speakers at all?
I had pop and crackle issues on two Q90 bars that could not be explained nor cured.

This was on all sources.

Mines is only on Xbox I beileve on Netflix and Dolby access makes that horrible noise hope it don’t damage speakers games on Atmos are fine i don’t get it

I did yes.

I no longer have the Q90 as I decided to steer away after two faulty units.

Both units had the same issues - those being the ones described by others here.
We have similar and it seems there is a very strong possibility that there is an issue with the control box and not the sound bars. We are on our third sound bar. All have had similar issues. Technician visiting today.

We have similar and it seems there is a very strong possibility that there is an issue with the control box and not the sound bars. We are on our third sound bar. All have had similar issues. Technician visiting today.
What control box?
I had a soundbar with two rears and no control box.
My TV was an LG Oled B7.

What control box?
I had a soundbar with two rears and no control box.
My TV was an LG Oled B7.
Aah. My mistake as we have the Q90 Samsung Tv and Q90 soundbar. I will update when technician has been as getting riled with sound drop outs and virtually no sound from rear speakers.
Initially we thought issue was with using Netflix or Prime apps, but same happens with using Firestick, Sky recordings or even Sky live. On Sky live the audio distorts and at other times the picture distorts and and also the sound. Think we will be changing to a Panasonic GX2000 with sub woofer.
BTW sound coming from main soundbar is brilliant but with rear speakers hardly audible we might as well have bought the Q80 sound bar. No ATMOS, 7.1 or 5.1 effects at all.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom