Samsung HW-Q90R Soundbar Review & Comments

That is a good price. May I ask how you got them to go so low?

Well they priced matched the 10% discount offer Curry’s are doing at the moment and my work offered perks such as discounted top up vouchers. These can be used as Curry’s etc . They beat the discount with that as well.

Attachments

• 4AF03B66-2FD9-4E72-8D3A-4DE1AFED4AB4.png
    4AF03B66-2FD9-4E72-8D3A-4DE1AFED4AB4.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 74
Maybe disconnect everything for some time and connect it again?
Tried that but nothings changed.. it's got me completely stumped.. how can everything work fine thru the tv speakers then only some apps play sound thru the soundbar all of a sudden? woulda thought that if theres some sort of issue then none would work at all..

I currently have a K950 which is as buggy as anything. Is the Q90R a big step forward ? Are there any major problems to be looking out for ?
I have made a deal with RS for £1149. Is this a good deal ?
I got mine for £1,182.71 as part of a package (that I was quite happy with), I'd say yours is a pretty good deal, yes :)

Tried that but nothings changed.. it's got me completely stumped.. how can everything work fine thru the tv speakers then only some apps play sound thru the soundbar all of a sudden? woulda thought that if theres some sort of issue then none would work at all..

There is a setting in my Samsung TV that iCab use both speakers at the same time. Maybe ur Sony has something similar that u can decide which app will use the soundbar and which not?

So I'm having an issue all of a sudden and need some help if possible please. Everything has been working fine until today. I switched on the tv, and am getting sound thru the soundbar when I watch free to air tv and also netflix thru the app on the tv. when I try to watch youtube, kayo or any other app on the tv there is no sound at all. if I switch to TV speakers the sound is fine. I have a sony bravia x95g if that makes any difference..?

I found this on Google Solved: Sound Bar Not Working With Sony KD55XD9305 Apps - Sony

Anyone found a universal under tv bracket/mount for this sound-bar they would recommend

Thanks
Mike

I am now a owner of the Q90. A couple of things. The subwoofer seems very quite compared to my old K950. I gave it set on max. Is this normal. There was no USB software in the box. Should there have been ? How can I tell if I gave the latest software ?

I am now a owner of the Q90. A couple of things. The subwoofer seems very quite compared to my old K950. I gave it set on max. Is this normal. There was no USB software in the box. Should there have been ? How can I tell if I gave the latest software ?

Ur woofer is not working, I have mine on +2 and with the volume on 12 its insanely loiso.. Update it via the app or do it urself.. Search back a few pages for the link in here.

Edit : how did u change ur settings? If u push on subwoofer button or with the settings where u change the volume of the speakers? U need to change it in the second...

Last edited:
Ur woofer is not working, I have mine on +2 and with the volume on 12 its insanely loiso.. Update it via the app or do it urself.. Search back a few pages for the link in here.

Edit : how did u change ur settings? If u push on subwoofer button or with the settings where u change the volume of the speakers? U need to change it in the second...

Have updated all the software . Sadly the subwoofer is still not working. Is there anything else I can try before I have to return it ?
RS are out of stock so who knows how long before I can get a replacement .

mate, you are a dead set legend. Had a read of this and did some mucking around with settings. I have to select Auto 1 instead of Auto 2 or PCM and I get audio again. Still doesnt explain why Auto 2 used to work and doesnt now, but at least I have a solution. I also dont understand the difference between Auto 1 and Auto 2...

anyways, thanks so much mate!

mate, you are a dead set legend. Had a read of this and did some mucking around with settings. I have to select Auto 1 instead of Auto 2 or PCM and I get audio again. Still doesnt explain why Auto 2 used to work and doesnt now, but at least I have a solution. I also dont understand the difference between Auto 1 and Auto 2...

anyways, thanks so much mate!

No idea about the difference either lol... Glad it worked out ;p

sh*t confused u with somebody else.. Do below steps and ur Arc is back.

1. Take of power cables of TV and Soundbar.
2. Take all hdmi cables out your one connect.
3. Leave it like this for 30 min. Hold the power button for 15 sec from your TV remote
4. Switch everything on (don't put in hdmi cables.
5. Put the soundbar on digital input
6. Now put in the hdmi cable in the soundbar and TV.

This worked for me when I checked community website from Samsung because there are soooooooo many people with this problem

Not clear on how the above fixes the Soundbar not switching from Optical in to TV ARC. Questions on the above:

1. do you mean power or HDMI?
2. I don't have a one connect box so is this just disconnect the HDMI ARC cable?
3. Hold down the power button on the TV remote? how does that help?

Does the above boil down to:
1. Power off and take HDMI ARC cable out
2. Leave for 30min (seems excessive)
3. Power back on and put soundbar on D.IN
5. Reconnect HDMI ARC cable

Finally, is this something you have to repeat every time it fails to switch to HDMI ARC? If so I'm out...

Hi guys, in need of some help please...... no issues (that the latest update didn’t cure) but for the last 24hrs the HDMI inputs keep glitching... it’s as if it’s losing connection and reconnecting ... tv screen keeps on going blank then the picture comes back then goes blank again... doing it on both inputs (sky q and Xbox one x) .. I’ve unplugged all the leads and powered down etc but it hasn’t helped. Any pointers would be much appreciated

Not clear on how the above fixes the Soundbar not switching from Optical in to TV ARC. Questions on the above:

1. do you mean power or HDMI?
2. I don't have a one connect box so is this just disconnect the HDMI ARC cable?
3. Hold down the power button on the TV remote? how does that help?

Does the above boil down to:
1. Power off and take HDMI ARC cable out
2. Leave for 30min (seems excessive)
3. Power back on and put soundbar on D.IN
5. Reconnect HDMI ARC cable

Finally, is this something you have to repeat every time it fails to switch to HDMI ARC? If so I'm out...

LOL, yeah this is something I do every time my Arc connection is gone. It happened twice.

The reason u hold the power button down for 15 sec after the 30 min is to drain the last power. That's what the dude on Samsung comm website said and I just copied it directly.

In ur case :
1. Switch off soundbar and tv
2. Pull out hdmi cable on both sides (TV and bar)
3. Hold down 15 sec to drain tv
4. Switch everything on
5. Switch soundbar to d. In
6. Connect cables.

This solved all my problems..

Hi guys, in need of some help please...... no issues (that the latest update didn’t cure) but for the last 24hrs the HDMI inputs keep glitching... it’s as if it’s losing connection and reconnecting ... tv screen keeps on going blank then the picture comes back then goes blank again... doing it on both inputs (sky q and Xbox one x) .. I’ve unplugged all the leads and powered down etc but it hasn’t helped. Any pointers would be much appreciated

I have the same with my ps4 pro.. Sometimes it just go black for a sec or 2 and comes back... No idea how to solve this. Samsung told me it is a known problem with Samsung TV and ps4 pro.

Killed my horse by driving it against a train in rdr2.. Stopped playing afterwards.

I took my Q90 back to RS today. The only one they had in stock was a demo. They checked it over and still no sound from the sub. They then tried paring their demo sub with my Q90. This worked fine. They then re paired my sub back to my sound bar and bingo it started working fine. Sounds like it was some sort of software glitch. At least it’s sorted know.
It sounds amazing, everything the K950 should have been at the start.

I took my Q90 back to RS today. The only one they had in stock was a demo. They checked it over and still no sound from the sub. They then tried paring their demo sub with my Q90. This worked fine. They then re paired my sub back to my sound bar and bingo it started working fine. Sounds like it was some sort of software glitch. At least it’s sorted know.

That's odd but at least it worked out.. :)

That's odd but at least it worked out.. :)

LOL, yeah this is something I do every time my Arc connection is gone. It happened twice.

The reason u hold the power button down for 15 sec after the 30 min is to drain the last power. That's what the dude on Samsung comm website said and I just copied it directly.

In ur case :
1. Switch off soundbar and tv
2. Pull out hdmi cable on both sides (TV and bar)
3. Hold down 15 sec to drain tv
4. Switch everything on
5. Switch soundbar to d. In
6. Connect cables.

This solved all my problems..

When my ARC connection is lost (which seems to be happening quite a bit) I find that switching the Soundbar on and off a few times eventually fixes it. A real pain having to do that though. To me this seems like another firmware issue.

When my ARC connection is lost (which seems to be happening quite a bit) I find that switching the Soundbar on and off a few times eventually fixes it. A real pain having to do that though. To me this seems like another firmware issue.

Did u tried the steps I suggested? I don't have any problems what so ever anymore.

How do you find the bass compared to K950. Samsung markets q90r by saying that they have improved the sub woofer.i some how find the bass on Samsung pretty underwhelming while playing music.

How do you find the bass compared to K950. Samsung markets q90r by saying that they have improved the sub woofer.i some how find the bass on Samsung pretty underwhelming while playing music.

Just curious, what are your speakers setting?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom