Samsung HW-Q900T with Bed on Back Wall

rancey

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been looking at soundbars and am interested in the Samsung HW-Q900T as an easy solution for my bedroom. The room is quite large, maybe 5m x 6m, with minimal furniture, however I'm wondering whether the 7.1.2 of the HW-Q900T will be okay given that there aren't any physical rear speakers. I've already discounted the Q950T as I don't see the rear speakers would add anything for my setup.

If anybody has any comments/experience with this/similar setup it would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Last edited:
You can add rear speakers to that one I’m pretty sure

“* Samsung Wireless Rear Speaker Kit sold separately. (Accessory model: SWA-9000S). * The wireless module requires a power cord to function and speaker cables to connect to rear speakers.”

You can add rear speakers to that one I’m pretty sure

“* Samsung Wireless Rear Speaker Kit sold separately. (Accessory model: SWA-9000S). * The wireless module requires a power cord to function and speaker cables to connect to rear speakers.”

Thanks for the reply. I'm actually more wondering if there is any value in having 7 channels coming from the soundbar or if sitting on the back wall means I am better off settling for a 5 channel soundbar (I don't think the rears would add to the immersion given my setup, unless people have other thoughts?).

Thanks for the reply. I'm actually more wondering if there is any value in having 7 channels coming from the soundbar or if sitting on the back wall means I am better off settling for a 5 channel soundbar (I don't think the rears would add to the immersion given my setup, unless people have other thoughts?).
Ah I get it now - the rears won’t add much as you say I suspect.

Ah I get it now - the rears won’t add much as you say I suspect.

The 900T is already 7 channels without the rears. I'm thinking this won't detract, but may end up just being the equivalent of a 5.1 system. I'm not totally sure on this though given the sound would all be coming from the soundbar.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom