Samsung HW-Q80R soundbar - PS5 audio settings

wardener007

Novice Member
Hi there,
So I am trying to understand with PS5 audio output setting since I have Samsung HW-Q80R soundbar with subwoofer and two rear speakers. My soundbar is directly connected via HDMI cable to LG C1 TV and also supports eARC. Subwoofer and two rear speakers are connected to soundbar via Bluetooth connection. So my question here is whether should I choose Dolby or Linear PCM from PS5 audio settings to get both voice clarity and sound effects quality out from soundbar 7.1 setup? Secondly, from PS5 audio settings should I select AV receiver or soundbar as device output?
Much appreciate if someone could reach me out with info on this. Thanks

Mallett94

Distinguished Member
Hi there,
So I am trying to understand with PS5 audio output setting since I have Samsung HW-Q80R soundbar with subwoofer and two rear speakers. My soundbar is directly connected via HDMI cable to LG C1 TV and also supports eARC. Subwoofer and two rear speakers are connected to soundbar via Bluetooth connection. So my question here is whether should I choose Dolby or Linear PCM from PS5 audio settings to get both voice clarity and sound effects quality out from soundbar 7.1 setup? Secondly, from PS5 audio settings should I select AV receiver or soundbar as device output?
Much appreciate if someone could reach me out with info on this. Thanks
Set it to HDMI Device, choose AVR, set the number of AVR speakers to 7.1, set the audio format priority to Linear PCM. Make sure you are using eARC enabled on the TV and soundbar so that the 7.1 LPCM audio can be passed via the TV to the soundbar from the PS5 👌🏻

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom