Samsung HW-Q800T Soundbar Review & Comments

Anyone experiencing the soundbar taking about 1.5s before the audio starts? Say for example, watching a Youtube video where someone starts talking from the start of the video (0.1s). There’s a delay before the soundbar produces sound.

Try this one for example

I don’t experience this audio start delay when I set it to PCM or turn off eARC.

Hello guys. I have a problem and I would like to know if anyone has ever faced the same situation.
I'm using the Q800T soundbar connected via HDMI to an Xbox One X. And connected via ARC to my Sony TV. Everything works fine with the Xbox set to 1080p (fullHd). If I set the Xbox to 4k the image is flashing and the video game reports that the target source does not support 4k. When the Xbox is connected directly to the TV, it works correctly 4k. How could I solve it? Greetings from Brazil!

Hello guys. I have a problem and I would like to know if anyone has ever faced the same situation.
I'm using the Q800T soundbar connected via HDMI to an Xbox One X. And connected via ARC to my Sony TV. Everything works fine with the Xbox set to 1080p (fullHd). If I set the Xbox to 4k the image is flashing and the video game reports that the target source does not support 4k. When the Xbox is connected directly to the TV, it works correctly 4k. How could I solve it? Greetings from Brazil!

try different hdmi cable.

Received the Rear Speaker Kit SWA-8500s and it really elevates the sound of Q800T Soundbar to a different level:D. Although the manual mentions SWA-9000s as the compatible rear speaker kit, the SWA-8500s works fine as well. Also, the Rear Speakers are Free/Dual Voltage, I had ordered them from USA, through a website desertcart.in, and though the tag on the receiver module say 110-120 V, it works with 230V power supply without the need of any step-down converter.
Hello,
Does the SWA-8500s kit come with a dongle for connection to the soundbar, just like the 9000s?

Does anyone know if this is compatible with the SWA-W700 subwoofer?

I have a Q800T Soundbar with 65" LG C9 in my bedroom and wanted to add some rear speakers. Which are the correct ones please? I'm confused about what's actually compatible - are the new 2021 ones suitable or is it the SWA9000's?

I have a Q800T Soundbar with 65" LG C9 in my bedroom and wanted to add some rear speakers. Which are the correct ones please? I'm confused about what's actually compatible - are the new 2021 ones suitable or is it the SWA9000's?

SWA-9000 are listed as compatible, as for 2021 it probably depends on someone trying them.

Anyone installed new firmware ver 1019.5 ?

SWA-9000 are listed as compatible, as for 2021 it probably depends on someone trying them.
I am using the 9000s with my Q800 soundbar without issue - will say the sound from them is VERY subtle, I have turned the rear volume up to 6 (max) and dropped the front/centre channels down a few notches as otherwise you struggle to hear them! Apparently the 8500s will also work along as to the be release 9100s. You do not need to use the enclosed dongle with them.

It’s weird the update is on the website but when I try to update on the smart things app it’s say no update available and I’m on 1017.

Hi.

Can someone confirm if the Q800t have the option for voice enhancement on the avanced sound settings? The new Q800a have, but it s too expensive and i m considering the Q800t.

Thanks.

Hi.

Can someone confirm if the Q800t have the option for voice enhancement on the avanced sound settings? The new Q800a have, but it s too expensive and i m considering the Q800t.

Thanks.
No there is no voice enhancement, but you can boost the centre channel volume

Hi, i just got it for 399€.....settings out of the box (treble, bass, center, front....) are on 0, do you recommend some changes?

Hi, i just got it for 399€.....settings out of the box (treble, bass, center, front....) are on 0, do you recommend some changes?
if have surround speakers suggest putting them up to +6, other than that find the sound profile is pretty decent, like a bit of bass kick so tend to add +2 to that

Bargain. John Lewis are providing the brand new 0.0.4 rear speakers free with the 2021 A version of this soundbar - worth nearly £300. Buy the soundbar, add the rear speakers to the basket before checking out and then use the code on their website to get the rear speakers for £0. The 950 last year and this are too big for my set up so this is perfect for my available space. Ordered Friday and being delivered Monday.

Almost the same, it is the 800a not 800t,believe only diff is support for those rear speakers and apple Air play

I'm thinking of getting this soundbar, as the price has come down a lot and new version for this year, doesn't seem to offer anything different.

How do owners find this soundbar in terms of dialogue delivery, which I find I have to put the subtitles on, and general reliability/stability.

Or do I get Sonos Arc

Got one recently and compared side by side with q900. This is as good, albeit not quite as bassy out the bar itself. But personally found the slightly more trebly sound.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom