Samsung HW-Q800T Soundbar Review & Comments

If your budget permits go for JBL 9.1. However, for me the price of JBL 9.1, which is double of Q800T in India, was not justifiable, hence I purchased Q800T. I am very happy with it and have ordered the rear speakers to make it 5.1.2 system.
I've that it's not just 2 rears but more clutter,... another part going with it. I thought it would only be 2 speakers..

Hi Geoff what WPA setting do you recommend I try?

Im Using WPA2-PSK, connected at 5GHz, I did have to enable MFA on the samsung web site using a browser before the app would connect.

guys how do I play my google music from my android phone on this soundbar over wifi - (not bluetooth)

Im Using WPA2-PSK, connected at 5GHz, I did have to enable MFA on the samsung web site using a browser before the app would connect.

Sorted thanks for the tip changes made and connected

Anyone picked up the SWA-9000s to turn this into a genuine 5.1?

Anyone picked up the SWA-9000s to turn this into a genuine 5.1?
Yep, on 5.1 films it's especially good. Even HD TV you get the effects. 126 quid is the cheapest I could get them for and glad I did as wouldn't be without them now.

Yep, on 5.1 films it's especially good. Even HD TV you get the effects. 126 quid is the cheapest I could get them for and glad I did as wouldn't be without them now.
Interesting, thanks for the response (and the response I wanted to hear!). I have seen a reviews suggesting that the sound isn't very loud and quite tinny so they've returned the product but I've read other reviews saying that you need to change the settings (maybe not so intuitive) after which they're plenty loud enough, and they also settle in with use - did you experience any of that?

Annoyingly it has been as low as £75 based on Pricespy so a bit annoying to pay £150 with Curry's but I can't see it in stock many other places so am a bit concerned they're not producing any more...

Is there a way you can find out what mode the soundbar is in DD5.1, DTS, Atmos etc?

SWA 9000s £107.97 at Curry's just took the plunge at that price.
Ahh that's frustrating I had them in my basket yesterday and didn't pull the trigger, now seems to be sold out everywhere :mad: You must have got the last ones! Ha.

Ahh that's frustrating I had them in my basket yesterday and didn't pull the trigger, now seems to be sold out everywhere :mad: You must have got the last ones! Ha.

Argh unlucky mate. I purchased mine yesterday for £150 was happy with that then saw them for £107.97 this morning Curry's were swift in refunding the difference.

Received them today, good build quality, connected instantly, adjusted the rears a little louder and I'm pleased. Hoping for a slight improvement once broken in.

A query I do have though if anyone could answer. So my setup is now 5.1.2 how do I know when I'm getting this output? Standard seems to play 5.1 well but no Atmos. Adaptive, Surround and Game all seem to play forward facing sounds out the rears in a fake attempt at surround. Is this correct?

Atmos content seems spot on.

Argh unlucky mate. I purchased mine yesterday for £150 was happy with that then saw them for £107.97 this morning Curry's were swift in refunding the difference.
Found them on some Dutch website for £150 delivered - seem to have good reviews so have gone for it. In retrospect should have used my credit card for the protection instead of my Revolut for the FOREX, fingers crossed...

Received them today, good build quality, connected instantly, adjusted the rears a little louder and I'm pleased. Hoping for a slight improvement once broken in.

A query I do have though if anyone could answer. So my setup is now 5.1.2 how do I know when I'm getting this output? Standard seems to play 5.1 well but no Atmos. Adaptive, Surround and Game all seem to play forward facing sounds out the rears in a fake attempt at surround. Is this correct?

Atmos content seems spot on.

Did Curry’s automatically refund or did you need to contact them? I also snapped them up at £150!

Did Curry’s automatically refund or did you need to contact them? I also snapped them up at £150!

I spoke to them through their web chat.

Hopefully they'll still match the price for you as currently sold out.

I spoke to them through their web chat.

Hopefully they'll still match the price for you as currently sold out.
Cheers Isaac, I’ll try when they open again...fingers crossed.....I’m still to buy the soundbar though, just can’t decide between this and HW-Q70T which looks to be the same bar subwoofer and Alexa...

Has anyone found that in the surround mode on the sound bar it’s very quiet and poor quality compared to the other modes and also the volume doesn’t seem to increase very much between 20 and roughly 40 in adaptive mode

Any idea why SWA9000s is very less in the market? Same time SWA8500 which is an older model available in plenty (in dubai)
Is 9000 discontinued or is it a temporary issue?

Tip for anyone trying to adjust the levels of each speaker on this. With the bar turned off you press the surround mode button for a while and it will cycle a tone through each speaker.

It's a bit of a surprise isn't it. I could see this trend a few days ago and picked some up from a Dutch retailer

Annoyingly it has been as low as £75 based on Pricespy so a bit annoying to pay £150 with Curry's but I can't see it in stock many other places so am a bit concerned they're not producing any more...

Wonder if they would know on live chat. It may be that they're planning to release a new version but I wasn't about to take the risk of it just being a cease in production!

It's a bit of a surprise isn't it. I could see this trend a few days ago and picked some up from a Dutch retailer

Wonder if they would know on live chat. It may be that they're planning to release a new version but I wasn't about to take the risk of it just being a cease in production!

I grabbed a pair at £149 at Curry’s then they dropped to £107 and sold out. Luckily curry’s still price matched and refunded the difference. Good for them.

Is there a way you can find out what mode the soundbar is in DD5.1, DTS, Atmos etc?
If its atmos, the small led display tells you it's dolby atmos as it scrolls across the small display. Other than that it just tells you what connect methods you are using (eArc or what ever you are using)

I find dialogue far too quiet. If the sound is high enough to understand what is being said, sound effects blow me out of my chair. There is no night mode or other setting that I can find, does anyone have a solution for this?

Press the settings button on the remote you'll see different wording appear on the mini led screen when on center press up to increase the center speaker volume which is dialogue.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom