Samsung HW-Q800T Soundbar Review & Comments

steve1

Does anyone know please if this sound bar decodes DTS HD master 7.1 and if anyone has some swa 9000s surround speakers for sale please let me know

Lexkalin

Standard Member
Fellow users, I have a few questions.

1) I connected my Nintendo switch to the soundbar through hdmi, but it doesn’t give me an option to use both TV and Soundbar speakers like on other inputs connected directly to TV. Is it because of the soundbar or switch or just how it works when connected this way?
2) if I connect a supported tv cable box to hdmi on soundbar, will it provide similar menus and control options as like when it’s directly connected now?

Not sure about these two and to check myself I’ll have to disrupt the current cable management that I don’t really want to if unnecessary. Perhaps someone has experience on these?

Ollie3000

Standard Member
Does anyone know please if this sound bar decodes DTS HD master 7.1 and if anyone has some swa 9000s surround speakers for sale please let me know
It seems they appear to be discontinuing the speakers which seems a bit off to me, maybe i'm wrong but there are none anywhere.

nick101010

Novice Member
Anyone hear anything about if this bar will be getting more firmware updates? My Alexa yells at my so loud sometimes it hurts, Spotify won’t connect, and the more I try to play with settings my oberlal volume output seems to drop lower and lower!! I have to listen audio on 65 sometimes to get decent audio 100 isn’t even that loud smh..

brummybloke

Anyone hear anything about if this bar will be getting more firmware updates? My Alexa yells at my so loud sometimes it hurts, Spotify won’t connect, and the more I try to play with settings my oberlal volume output seems to drop lower and lower!! I have to listen audio on 65 sometimes to get decent audio 100 isn’t even that loud smh..
Maybe rest the sound bar to factory settings ?

It's a sound bar not a sound system, maybe your are expecting too much from it volume wise ?

I added the 9000swa rear speakers for true 5.1.2 they sound great, not loud, great sound quality on dolby atmos films.

Last edited:

nick101010

Novice Member

It's a sound bar not a sound system, maybe your are expecting too much from it volume wise ?

I added the 8000swa rear speakers for true 5.1.2 they sound great, not loud, great sound quality on dolby atmos films.
I’ve tried everything I can think of including resetting it multiple times, and I know it can be loud because music shakes the room more than I’d ever need at 60

brummybloke

You can turn alexa off and spotify is connected to the soundbar via spotify app. Either you have poor connections or sources for your audio if you are having to go up to 65 for decent audio.
Mine doesn't go above 35 and that's for a 4k film with dolby atmos just to hear the sub rumble loudly.
Connected to my q80t port 3 with decent 2.1 hdmi leads.

Try using thesoundbar remote and turning each speaker up to the max of 6.

glucaz

Novice Member

I added the 9000swa rear speakers for true 5.1.2 they sound great, not loud, great sound quality on dolby atmos films.
Hi, how do the rear speakers work? I hope there are no problems as reported by other forum users, for example for jbl 9.1.

Xabi17

Found them on some Dutch website for £150 delivered - seem to have good reviews so have gone for it. In retrospect should have used my credit card for the protection instead of my Revolut for the FOREX, fingers crossed...
This message December 24th.

Arrived 4th March. Brexit...

Jackalton

Hi all,

Can anyone with the HW-q800t confirm (or not!) something, please?

When you run the test tone series (hold down the Sound Mode button for a few seconds with the bar turned off), does anything come out of the subwoofer when it’s supposed to? I get a very quiet sound of it alongside every other speaker, but nothing when the sub itself is actually supposed to be producing a tone.

Also, with the SW-9000S rears attached, does every tone come out of both rears as well as the bar?

Very weird indeed. I think everything is working normally otherwise, so presumably it’s a software issue, but can anyone confirm that they’re getting the same?

Morve

I get the same with my Q800t :smashin:

Jackalton

Another question, fellow HW-Q800T owners! Do you get occasional skips in sound output? Ie, the sound just stops for a second or so, then comes back, no matter what the input?

If so, is there a solution?

Thanks!

Morve

Another question, fellow HW-Q800T owners! Do you get occasional skips in sound output? Ie, the sound just stops for a second or so, then comes back, no matter what the input?

If so, is there a solution?

Thanks!
I had something similar, i had the soundbar cutting off for a second, playing through the tv speakers then going back to the soundbar, i also had a volume issue where id normally have it about 12 that would be loud enough for normal tv, then sometimes after turning the tv on i'd have to go up it up to about 60 to get the same volume, then after 10-15m it would kick in and blow your brains out! , i just had mine changed yesterday for a new one so hopefully i don't get no more issues.

Jackalton

I had something similar, i had the soundbar cutting off for a second, playing through the tv speakers then going back to the soundbar, i also had a volume issue where id normally have it about 12 that would be loud enough for normal tv, then sometimes after turning the tv on i'd have to go up it up to about 60 to get the same volume, then after 10-15m it would kick in and blow your brains out! , i just had mine changed yesterday for a new one so hopefully i don't get no more issues.
That sounds like a very different issue. Hope you got it sorted.

MikeyVXR

Standard Member
You can turn alexa off and spotify is connected to the soundbar via spotify app. Either you have poor connections or sources for your audio if you are having to go up to 65 for decent audio.
Mine doesn't go above 35 and that's for a 4k film with dolby atmos just to hear the sub rumble loudly.
Connected to my q80t port 3 with decent 2.1 hdmi leads.

Try using thesoundbar remote and turning each speaker up to the max of 6.
Hi, I have the same issue I think... my volume is fine until I use alexa. After that, the volume threshold seems to drop which means that I have to turn the Q80 TV up to 35 ish to get the same volume as maybe 15ish was before I asked alexa anything... My house is a google house and when I say "hey google" it used to reduce the volume on my old TV so that it could hear what I was saying but then return the volume. This issue is like alexa turns the sound bar down to listen, answers the command and then doesn't return the volume back up. Oh and if I subsequently ask alexa for anything, she relies at a million decibels🤣🤣
How do you turn it off?

brummybloke

Hi, I have the same issue I think... my volume is fine until I use alexa. After that, the volume threshold seems to drop which means that I have to turn the Q80 TV up to 35 ish to get the same volume as maybe 15ish was before I asked alexa anything... My house is a google house and when I say "hey google" it used to reduce the volume on my old TV so that it could hear what I was saying but then return the volume. This issue is like alexa turns the sound bar down to listen, answers the command and then doesn't return the volume back up. Oh and if I subsequently ask alexa for anything, she relies at a million decibels🤣🤣
How do you turn it off?
There's a button on top at the rear of the soundbar that's turns it on or off. Never bothered turning mine on to be honest.

Patrick Bjorum

Novice Member
Hi all!
After getting a new Samsung Q80T TV I'd like to swap out my old surround system (Kef E305 and Yamaha RX-A1020) with a decent soundbar.
It still sounds nice, but it needs high volume for the proper sound.
I don't need a big system for a few years as I have young kids. I also want something with eARC/HDMI2.1

There's a nice offer on the Q800t right now (about 450£) Will I be satisfied with this? Or do I need to go up to Q950t (1400£)

Jackalton

It’s a yes from me. Firmware niggles aside, it’s an incredible bar for the money. Can’t recommend getting the SW-9000S rears with it enough, though.

Patrick Bjorum

Novice Member
It’s a yes from me. Firmware niggles aside, it’s an incredible bar for the money. Can’t recommend getting the SW-9000S rears with it enough, though.
Thanks!

Adding the rears put the price very close to LG SN11RG (also on offer here).. not sure what's the best for that price 🤔

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on UK streaming services for June 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Austrian Audio launches Hi-X65 headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Roku expands streaming content with Roku Originals
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for June 2021