Samsung HW Q70T eARC doesnt work?

SuperSaiyanUI

Standard Member
Hi all,

New here 😀

I recently purchased the new Samsung QLED QN95A and a new Q70T soundbar to use with my PS5.

Upon setting it all up (Soundbar hdmi arc to TV arc, ps5 hdmi to tv) I noticed it defaults to regular arc. With TV and soundbar working together which I assume is Q Symphony.

However I decided to select eARC manually and it worked for a few mins then would disconnect from the soundbar and only give me TV audio.

I tried several times to even change the settings but now the soundbar just would not connect back.

I had to then unplug everything and reset the TV. Again defaulted to arc and all works, tried eARC again but no it stopped working.

I reached out to Samsung but they're no help, they want me to send them a video of the issue...

TV and soundbar and PS5 are all up to date.

archie2000

Do you have HDMI-CEC turned on? Switch this on, and the TV will switch on first and then automatically switch on your soundbar. You can then control the soundbar volume using the TV remote.

SuperSaiyanUI

Standard Member
Just an update gone back to not working, tried new cables that are shorter and now the TV becomes less responsive, turns off and eARC is hit and miss.

Samsung support are of no help, really wanted to use the full features of eARC.

SuperSaiyanUI

Standard Member
Here's another update: (might help or be a fix, I hope!)

I went back to using my previous gold plated hdmi 2.1 cables on the PS5 and soundbar but I changed 1 thing which could be the culprit...

The Nintendo Switch HDMI cable was the one that came with the console, I swapped this out for an actual 2.1 cable.

Here's where it gets weird, if I turn on the TV and PS5 at the same time it goes back to TV Speaker only.

I also changed another setting in the PS5 that I think was causing the audio and screen drop outs, in audio settings change bitrate to DOLBY.
Make sure audio device is set as AV RECIEVER not soundbar.

Now when I turn the TV on then wait until its all active THEN turn the PS5 on it works 100% no drop outs at all!

I've gone an entire day with eARC enabled, ZERO drop outs of any kind.

Both gaming and watching movies.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J Thoughts, madVR Processor & Sonus faber Lumina II Reviews + Movie & TV roundup
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom