Samsung HW-Q70T connection to wifi

ohiodan

Novice Member
Hi! My Q70T is connected by HDMI ARC to a Panasonic TV and I am very pleased with the resulting sound. However I would like to connect the soundbar to my home wifi so that I can check for updates etc. I have tried to follow the instructions and installed the Smart Things app on both my Android tablet and my iphone and I expected to be asked to set up an account aftyer doing so but all the app does is search for a Samsung TV. I do have a nice Samsung TV in another room but it is not connected to this soundbar. I have tried Samsung Support on a couple of occasions but they seem to think I want to connect to the wifi on a Samsung TV...which I don't. Can anyone just confirm that with my current set up it is possible to connect my Q70T soundbar to my home broadband/wifi/router by some means. Thanks.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Did you go through the setup on page 30 of your soundbar's user manual?

ohiodan

Novice Member
Now that is an interesting question because Page 30 of my User Manual is the last page before it turns in to the 'German User Guide' and all I have on it is 'Correct Disposal Of Batteries' - 'Correct Disposal Of Product' - 'Commission Regulations (EU)'. On Page 4 of my Manual I have 'Contents'
01 through to 16 but none of the headings refer to connecting to the internet. The nearest it gets is 'Using wireless connection to the TV'

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Google your soundbar's model no and add “User manual” to it.
I read it in the English user manual.

ohiodan

Novice Member
Thank you very much JayCee. I have now downloaded the English User Manual which is more extensive than the one that was packaged with the soundbar. It seems that my biggest error was the fact that the Smart Things App I originally download did not match anything shown in the manual. It seems Samsung have a couple and I obviously got the wrong one. Anyway I have now downloaded the correct one and the set up was simple ...as shown in the manual...and all is working fine. So cheers!

Bakey

Thank you very much JayCee. I have now downloaded the English User Manual which is more extensive than the one that was packaged with the soundbar. It seems that my biggest error was the fact that the Smart Things App I originally download did not match anything shown in the manual. It seems Samsung have a couple and I obviously got the wrong one. Anyway I have now downloaded the correct one and the set up was simple ...as shown in the manual...and all is working fine. So cheers!
Does your subwoofer work okay? I’ve put a post on here this evening because although mine is showing as connected on the app and has the blue light as well I’m getting no sound from it, only the soundbar and I can’t work out why. I’ve updated the firmware as well and tried manually connecting but that hasn’t worked either.

ohiodan

Novice Member
Bakey - To be honest I have not owned the Q70T long enough to find any faults yet. I used it when watching the movie 'Yesterday' on BBC TV and I would say it 'enhanced' the sound but nothing special. However using my 4K Firestick and watching the Dolby Atmos video on YouTube the effect is amazing. So far my woofer has always connected OK and stayed connected but to be honest I have not given it much of a test yet. Perhaps someone on here can shed a bit more light on your problem.

Bakey

Bakey - To be honest I have not owned the Q70T long enough to find any faults yet. I used it when watching the movie 'Yesterday' on BBC TV and I would say it 'enhanced' the sound but nothing special. However using my 4K Firestick and watching the Dolby Atmos video on YouTube the effect is amazing. So far my woofer has always connected OK and stayed connected but to be honest I have not given it much of a test yet. Perhaps someone on here can shed a bit more light on your problem.
Thanks, I didn’t get any replies to the thread I posted. I’ve tried everything I can think of to get the subwoofer to work but there’s no sound despite it always showing as connected. The seller is getting DPD to collect it tomorrow and when he gets it back and checks it I can choose replacement or refund. I’ve now plugged my Yamaha YAS-107 back in and for general TV watching the Samsung is no better although how much difference the subwoofer would make to this I don’t know. Mainly upgraded for when watching 4K discs, Dolby atmos on Netflix and Prime.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom