Samsung HW-Q600B drops HDMI ARC connection after 5-10 sec

csongradipet

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have this phenomenom with a Samsung TV from the 2022 series (also tried it with a Philips TV) . After connecting my newly bough Q600B with HDMI to the TV everything works fine for like 5-10 secound, but then the soundbar stops playing sound and the TV switches to its own speakers. The strange thing is that the soundbar stays turned on the whole time. Do any of you have an idea how to solve this problem?

CEC - if you have HDMI Control enabled try disabling it on all devices, then reboot all devices.

HDMI - how long are you cables and which cables are you using?

Joe

CEC - if you have HDMI Control enabled try disabling it on all devices, then reboot all devices.

HDMI - how long are you cables and which cables are you using?

Joe
I tried to disable the HDMI Control, but nothing has changed unfortunately. The HDMI cable shouldn't be the problem, I tried with 2 different ones, both of them are working on a different device.

CEC - and you powered everything Off at the wall after you made the changes?

HDMI cable - we see lots of issues with SONOS Soundbars related to the cable used to carry eARC and ARC between the TV and the Soundbar. I would try a certified Ultra High Speed cable to test your theory.

Joe

Yes, I just tried the thing you wrote. Not a solution unfortunately.

One of my cables is an Ultra High Speed one, it doesn't solve the problem either.

What happens if you use the TV Optical Out to the Soundbar Optical Input - remove any HDMI cable between the TV and Soundbar.

if testing HDMI ensure you use the Ultra High Speed certified cable for the eARC connection.

Joe

What happens if you use the TV Optical Out to the Soundbar Optical Input - remove any HDMI cable between the TV and Soundbar.

if testing HDMI ensure you use the Ultra High Speed certified cable for the eARC connection.

Joe
I just set up a repair service with Samsung for mine. It stopped working out of the blue today. They suspect hardware issue.

Hello, I have this sound bar and had the exact same issue (I also have a Samsung Tv): tried all of the common troubleshooting (CEC, updates, reboots, different cables) but not luck. The unit was sent back to Samsung for repair - they just replaced the circuit board with a new one - no luck same issue. I have had to resort to using optical cable - in doing more reading on the issue it seems to be a problem with other Samsung Soundbars also. Samsung needs to resolve this issue once and for all.

There is definately a problem with Samsung 600A and Samsung 600B soundbars with Samsung Q60A Qled TVs using ARC.I have all sorts of issues of the blue screen saying NO SOURCE check power to device is connected.(SkyQ,ATV 4K and Shield Pro as sources).I have tried both soundbars with a TCL Qled TV with ARC/Earc and get no disconnections of source. Have tried everything and just cant get Samsung soundbars to work properly with the Samsung TV and have had to pair that TV with my Yamaha YSP-2700.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom