Samsung HW-Q600B drops HDMI ARC connection after 5-10 sec

I have this phenomenom with a Samsung TV from the 2022 series (also tried it with a Philips TV) . After connecting my newly bough Q600B with HDMI to the TV everything works fine for like 5-10 secound, but then the soundbar stops playing sound and the TV switches to its own speakers. The strange thing is that the soundbar stays turned on the whole time. Do any of you have an idea how to solve this problem?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
CEC - if you have HDMI Control enabled try disabling it on all devices, then reboot all devices.

HDMI - how long are you cables and which cables are you using?

Joe

CEC - if you have HDMI Control enabled try disabling it on all devices, then reboot all devices.

HDMI - how long are you cables and which cables are you using?

Joe
I tried to disable the HDMI Control, but nothing has changed unfortunately. The HDMI cable shouldn't be the problem, I tried with 2 different ones, both of them are working on a different device.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
CEC - and you powered everything Off at the wall after you made the changes?

HDMI cable - we see lots of issues with SONOS Soundbars related to the cable used to carry eARC and ARC between the TV and the Soundbar. I would try a certified Ultra High Speed cable to test your theory.

Joe

Yes, I just tried the thing you wrote. Not a solution unfortunately.

One of my cables is an Ultra High Speed one, it doesn't solve the problem either.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
What happens if you use the TV Optical Out to the Soundbar Optical Input - remove any HDMI cable between the TV and Soundbar.

if testing HDMI ensure you use the Ultra High Speed certified cable for the eARC connection.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom