Samsung hw-q600a Sound dropouts

newhere22

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
Was wondering if anyone having sound dropouts on dolby atmos using the Samsung hw-q600a Soundbar.
It's paired with Qn95a tv.
The sound just cuts out briefly and comes back, it's made obvious by the fact that when it happens "dolby atmos " comes up on the soundbar display when it reconnects.
Set up with hdmi arc.(earc turned off on tv as the soundbar is arc only)
Any help / comments appreciated.
Samsung Support useless!!!

If you have the option to test it can you try connecting a Source direct to the Soundbar and see if you encounter the same problem?

What cable are you using between the TV and the Soundbar?

Joe

If you have the option to test it can you try connecting a Source direct to the Soundbar and see if you encounter the same problem?

What cable are you using between the TV and the Soundbar?

Joe
Thanks so much for your response.
If the top of my head I don't know how to test it with a source because I use a roku which I didn't think supported atmos but I've just checked again so it appears maybe it does.
I'm using a cable from Amazon which is 2.1 but not certified.
I have just got a 1m certified 2.1 hdmi from Kenable to try instead to see if it helps
I will test and report back here.

Connecting the ROKU direct to the Soundbar would be a good starting point with your testing.

Joe

Connecting the ROKU direct to the Soundbar would be a good starting point with your testing.

Joe
I will give this a try.
Do u think it would be a good idea to change the cable too at the same time or better to try that afterward?

Always best to only change one thing at a time if you are trying to track down a problem.

Joe

I bought a HW-Q600A paired with a QN94A 55" TV last year (Sep 2021). I had exact same dropouts as you describe on the soundbar. Multiple segmentation tests later, showed without doubt fault with the Q600A. Swapped for another Q600A and same issue. I returned the Q600A and paid extra for Q700A with exact same cabling/setup. Never had an issue with the Q700A in the last year. Definitely design flaw with the Q600A. Just bought rear speakers (SWA-9500s) to pair with the Q700A and very happy with results. - dont waste any more time with the Q600A - just send it back.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom