Samsung HW-N950 Soundbar Review & Comments

Have the n950 soundbar great sound have also had a Samsung tv.
But wont purchase another Samsung product due to their lack off interest in supporting any product.

fair comment

Totally agree, Samsung atmos soundbars are the best out there but as a company they suck

Just posted on the Samsung Forum, looks like we really are being shafted by Samsung with the eARC update

F6351427-326B-4677-A4EF-0E698D20DFB2.png
3D99B539-D67F-4395-B9EE-DB1AFB0BB9B8.png

they just want our money not our love , greedy company

For some strange reason my soundbar every 3/4 mins pops up with WIFI now available on the menu. It doesn't affect the output of what I'm watching which is usually from Arc or HDMI 1 but it's very distracting when watching a movie. No idea why it keeps doing this. I have the soundbar since it released so not sure why its started now. Anyone any ideas how to stop this? Thanks

For some strange reason my soundbar every 3/4 mins pops up with WIFI now available on the menu. It doesn't affect the output of what I'm watching which is usually from Arc or HDMI 1 but it's very distracting when watching a movie. No idea why it keeps doing this. I have the soundbar since it released so not sure why its started now. Anyone any ideas how to stop this? Thanks

Try removing the power source for a few minutes, if this doesn't work then I would do a full reset of the bar by pressing the + and - signs on the bar itself at the same time.

To all us users of this great sound bar what volume level do you listen at?

Also, and I hope I don’t tempt fate here, but I haven’t had any disconnection issues for ages now and the sound from the rear speakers seems more pronounced recently. All that with no update to software.

Hi, for watching TV (skyQ) the volumes usually on 10 but if I'm watching a movie in atmos or dtsX around the 14/15 mark

13 for movies n 15 to 18 for music for me

To all us users of this great sound bar what volume level do you listen at?

Also, and I hope I don’t tempt fate here, but I haven’t had any disconnection issues for ages now and the sound from the rear speakers seems more pronounced recently. All that with no update to software.
When using Xbox/Playstation volume is around 10, Sky Q I put it up to around 14.
I haven't noticed the speakers ever disconnecting touch wood.
However quite often the sound gets choppy when using Sky and I have to either pause Sky or put it on a live channel before putting a recorded program back on for the sound to become normal again.

Are all your speakers set at default 0?
My usual listening level is 8 for SKYQ and no more than 14 for 4K, BR, etc.......any more than that and it's raised voices to be heard and neighbour bothering!

Did you return your Vizio? Or was it the Philips you had?
I've got the Vizio, and it's great. But the N950 came up for less money than I paid for the Vizio and the seller lives just a few miles away so it seemed like an opportunity I couldn't pass up! I'm picking it up tomorrow morning. Be very interesting to see how different they perform. I'm not sure if I'll return the Vizio or set it up in the lounge. It's a great bit of kit. I haven't told my girlfriend yet. She's not going to be too impressed with all the faffing about :blush:

I've got the Vizio, and it's great. But the N950 came up for less money than I paid for the Vizio and the seller lives just a few miles away so it seemed like an opportunity I couldn't pass up! I'm picking it up tomorrow morning. Be very interesting to see how different they perform. I'm not sure if I'll return the Vizio or set it up in the lounge. It's a great bit of kit.

Good luck! Report back as it'll be interesting to hear which is better, and why.

Well. I have had the hw-950 in and long story short I‘ve already sold it on! This thing is an absolute beast, and that might be the problem. My viewing room is quite small, and I think I sit too close to take advantage of the Atmos effect, despite the ceiling and shape of the room being perfect in theory. The bar is enormous, but it’s so oppressive. Couple that with this product’s biggest problem is the complete lack of involvement from the rears. They barely pipe up most the time, so it‘s very front heavy Soundstage. The upfiring speakers really need angle adjustment like the Yamaha YSP provide and the rears need to be given far more to do. I will be setting Back up my far inferior on paper Vizio 36, but it just works better for my room. More immersion and more room to breathe. Kind of shocked to be honest!

I use this app on the apple 4k to set my 5.1 and it is very good but can not find anything online to set the front and rear up fireing speakers , any ideas ? 20200707_150521.jpg

just bumped the upfire's to +6 , dont know if it is perfect blance but it sounds wonderfull :)

not been happy with the atmos from disney uk which gets me to question my soundbar , then i play the first 11 mins of fury road from itunes and i know its not this great soundbar . btw helped my bro set up his lg sn 11 WOW even better than this

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom