Samsung HW-N950 Soundbar Review & Comments

You’re right, Samsung TVs can’t do Atmos on Netflix Dolby Atmos on Netflix

Your best bet would be to purchase an Apple TV 4K for Netflix specifically.
I totally concour with this.
You will also have the advantage of iTunes cheap movies many of which are 4K HDR with Atmos, to compliment your bar.
John

Thanks both.
Do you know in the meantime with the Samsung’s Netflix and Amazon apps would I still experience the surround sound; the 7.1, just not the .4?

Got mine at the weekend, very happy so far. Some handshake issues that are fixed by a reboot but hopefully a more permanent fix is on the way.

If anyone is looking for suitable brackets for the rears I found the Monitor Audio MASM to be perfect :)

Got mine at the weekend, very happy so far. Some handshake issues that are fixed by a reboot but hopefully a more permanent fix is on the way.

If anyone is looking for suitable brackets for the rears I found the Monitor Audio MASM to be perfect :)
Don’t hold your breath for updates from Samsung.

Is now offically an owner of the N950. Good to be a part of the club. :D

Now - it's just a matter of setting everything up straight after work tonight.

You'll need 5.1.4 test tones, which is the tricky bit. Hopefully someone on here can point you in the right direction.
I have manged to source a dolby demo disc with the test tones on it. Next question is how to use an spl meter to get the correct balance.?

I have manged to source a dolby demo disc with the test tones on it. Next question is how to use an spl meter to get the correct balance.?
All you need to do is measure the test tone for left and right, and the set the levels for all the other channels to the same volume, then you'll have a balanced system.

Hi, i have the same problem, can't even hear the sub even on +6 something is wrong, did you manage to solve the problem, i already have a ticket in with samsung to see what is up with no bass.
I finally decided to venture into the world of AV receivers and speakers. For the cost of this bar one can be well on their way to a much better set-up. Soundbars have their place but I want better quality and I'm done with them for now.

I finally decided to venture into the world of AV receivers and speakers. For the cost of this bar one can be well on their way to a much better set-up. Soundbars have their place but I want better quality and I'm done with them for now.
Most of us would want to do the same but either don’t have room for the receiver, speakers and wives or partners who don’t want cables all over the place .the N950 is an amazing piece of kit with minimal hassle (unless you get an update from Samsung that is)

What sound mode do you guys use?
  • STANDARD
  • SURROUND
  • SMART

Two movies in..And I am already very pleased with my purchase. [Yes! we have a winner!]

I've heard so many people saying that they have had connectivity issues with their speakers. Is this due to the current Update? I'm a little weary about applying the update

Also what new benefits do you gain with the Update?

One other question: Is there any way of showing DTS/True-HD/Atmos, etc..When playing a movie, on the far right of the display? Or at least show some type of acknowledgement?

Hi Samsung HW N950 owners,
Can anyone tell me do they provide wall mounts for the rear speakers too ?or we have to buy on our own.
What about the connectivity between main bar and rear are they working fine?

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Afternoon all,

Can anyone advise me please, I’ve currently got a Samsung KS7000 series and hoping to but this bar. I appreciate the Netflix and Amazon TV apps do not support Dolby Atmos currently and I will need to buy Apple TV for this.
Do you know is it possible to experience any form of surround sound from the tv apps in the mean time?

Afternoon all,

Can anyone advise me please, I’ve currently got a Samsung KS7000 series and hoping to but this bar. I appreciate the Netflix and Amazon TV apps do not support Dolby Atmos currently and I will need to buy Apple TV for this.
Do you know is it possible to experience any form of surround sound from the tv apps in the mean time?

I own the KS8000. You can try downloading mkv files and playing through an usb drive or a NAS (there's an app from Synology).

Can anyone say which one is better of these ?
Samsung HW N950 vs Sony HT ST5000 vs Focal Sib Evo 5.1.2

Just about to order my Samsung HW-N950 SoundBar folks..... exciting times a head.... :D

You won't regret it! how much did you pay? Interested to see if its dropped in price since it was launched

Just about to order my Samsung HW-N950 SoundBar folks..... exciting times a head.... :D

Welcome to the world of Atmos & DTS:X :thumbsup:

I was looking at buying this but reading the thread and discovering multiple examples of connection issues has got me quite worried.

I have a Yamaha 4300 connected upto an LGE7 tv and oppo 4k blu Ray player. The Yamaha has connectivity issues of its own and hdmi-cec can be an absolute nightmare.

It sounds to me like Samsung have done what many manufactures do these days and let their customers do the system integration testing. Also seems that they can’t be bothered to test any firmware updates and i’d now be wary of auto updating especially if one can get their system to work.

Are there many people who have bought one and had a plain sailing happy experience ? Curious as it seems like most people have found issues of some sort

I was looking at buying this but reading the thread and discovering multiple examples of connection issues has got me quite worried.

I have a Yamaha 4300 connected upto an LGE7 tv and oppo 4k blu Ray player. The Yamaha has connectivity issues of its own and hdmi-cec can be an absolute nightmare.

It sounds to me like Samsung have done what many manufactures do these days and let their customers do the system integration testing. Also seems that they can’t be bothered to test any firmware updates and i’d now be wary of auto updating especially if one can get their system to work.

Are there many people who have bought one and had a plain sailing happy experience ? Curious as it seems like most people have found issues of some sort

My only connectivity issue has been connecting to my Sky Q box, but it seems that may well be an actual Sky issue and not Samsung.

I keep having to reset my Sky Q box to be recognis... - Sky Community

I've generally had no connectivity issue connecting to my 4k player. Id highly recommend the soundbar

Thx for the thorough review.

I would note you could not get Atmos signal to the soundbar from the LG tv.
I have a lg77w8 and plan to purchase the Samsung N950 .
From your comments how did you connect to get the Atmos to function?
Where your devices connected to the sound then via arc to the tv? My preference is to connect devices to the tv soundbar then have only one arc connection going to the Samsung soundbar. Would that work?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom