Question Samsung HW-MS750 vs Sonos Playbar?

Discussion in 'Soundbars, Soundplates & Soundbases' started by Certifiable, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Certifiable

Certifiable
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I'm about to pull the trigger on a new TV and I'm looking for a soundbar to pair it with. It's just going to be the soundbar for now, but possibly looking at expanding it to the rear speakers and subwoofer further down the line. I had been set on the Samsung but saw a bad review for it on CNET and have had a few people tell me to go with the Sonos. Can anyone give me a bit of help as to what I'm better off with?

Cheers.

EDIT: I’ve changed the title from Beam to Playbar.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
  2. markymark34

markymark34

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +337
    They aren't even in the same league .The Samsung was twice the price when new . Go listen to them and you will see the Samsung is miles better .The 750 fairs well against the bigger Sonos. You could go for the ms650 which is very similar to the 750 but without the upward firing speakers .

3. Certifiable

Certifiable
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Am I getting mixed up with the Sonos Playbar maybe? How does the Samsung compare to that?

4. markymark34

markymark34

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +337
    It can hold its own against the playbar but is significantly cheaper at the minute . You can get a 750 or 751 for £450 and then Samsung are doing £100 cash back. Hughes have it for £449. That's a huge saving on the Sonos. The Samsung sub is £350. Again that's currently a lot cheaper. I guess the benefit of the Sonos is that when you sell it you get decent money back for it .