Samsung HW-MS650 Speech is not loud enough at all, any ideas?

Markomagic

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi All

I have a Samsung HW-MS650 soundbar, in conjuction with my 75" Samsung TV. I really struggle with the dialogue being loud enough, it's drowned out by the other ambient noise, despite me putting it on 'Clear' mode

Any ideas?

Thanks
mark

I had similar issues with the MS550. I then added the rear speakers (SWA9000 if memory serves) and use smart mode. Once I did this the sound balance was improved immensely and dialogue is clear.

i owned a ms 650 a few years ago, good bar, i added rear speakers also. must admit never had an issue with dialogue clarity , i did find the best setting was smart mode. assume its set up with hdmi and arc?

I've just bought a used MS650 and set up up with my Samsung QLED TV via HDMI ARC. I use Smart Mode and speech is very clear. I don't have the surround speakers, just the soundbar and I have found it to be excellent so far for all content. If you haven't tried Smart Mode then give that a try first. If you have a Samsung smart TV then there's good integration but it should work fine for all TVs. You may need to adjust the TV sound output settings though, that could be the issue.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom