Samsung HW-MS650 Soundbar Review & Comments

Yes I'm holding down the button. It would seem I'm not the only one having issues.

I've tried various suggestions from the link above, but with no success.

multiroom app iin my android phone connect using wifi direct. there is a windows 10 multiroom app available now so might want to try that. I believe the multiroom phone app may have been replaced by thier smart things app I havent tried it but you might have more luck seeing and communicating t= with the bar using that app?

Hi,

Newbie here, after reading the reviews I decided to purchase this sound bar to go with my my new TV Samsung UC55RU7400. I'm pretty impressed with the sound quality but I'm struggling to sync the sound with video. The soundbar is connected via ARC. Both the TV and soundbar have various functions to try and match it up such as Digital Output Audio Delay on the TV and Audio Sync on the soundbar but they only seem to make it worse. Has anyone else experienced these issues and managed to resolve them? I have read through this whole thread (twice!) but I can't see it mentioned anywhere? Many thanks,

are you connecting using HDMI arc? fast cable?
turn anynet + on on the bar and CEC on the tv
the sync option only allows offsetting by i think 300 ms

are you connecting using HDMI arc? fast cable?
turn anynet + on on the bar and CEC on the tv
the sync option only allows offsetting by i think 300 ms
Thanks Romster,

Yes, it is a HDMI ARC cable, not sure if it's a fast cable though?

How do I turn on anynet+ on, on the bar?
Thanks again,

you'll have to grab the manuel fro thier website but arc doesnt work without enabling it as anynet+ is Samsung's implantation of CEC. cec needs to be on on the tv too

Samsung have finally updated their Wireless Audio Multiroom App so it works with Android 10.

Latest version is 4143.

Hi
Have ordered the Samsung MS 650 from Argos eBay. I was hoping to pick up the wall mount for adding the soundbar to the TV only place I can find is at Sevenoaks who are asking £70. Is their anywhere I might find it slightly cheaper ?
Thanks
Ian

Hi
Have ordered the Samsung MS 650 from Argos eBay. I was hoping to pick up the wall mount for adding the soundbar to the TV only place I can find is at Sevenoaks who are asking £70. Is their anywhere I might find it slightly cheaper ?
Thanks
Ian
Is it the 2 brackets to mount the soundbar to the wall you need? How about these YUHUA ELE Wall Bracket for Samsung HW-N950 HW-MS650 MS750 MS751 Soundbar, Metal Sound Bar Wall Mount Kit, Music Player System Wall Holder, Speaker Mounts with Mounting Accessories: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Hi
Thanks
Ian

It comes with it's own wall mount brackets included so you shouldn't need to buy any others.

Thanks
It’s a refurbished unit will check contents when it turns up

Well it arrived today. Opened the Box not the original just plain brown with bubble wrap. Checked the Sound Bar looks as new. Found a plastic bag with the remote and power lead. Nothing else no mounting brackets no instruction manual..
I’m guessing I can download the instruction manual from the Web.. Will have a think on the mounting brackets.

The MS650 doesn't support DD+ right? So I have to questions regarding that:

1. If I connect a Nvidia Shield which only supports DD+ and Stereo directly to the soundbar and play something from Prime or Netflix (DD+), what does it output? Does it transcode to DD to make use of the 3 channels or just stereo?
2. Same for connecting a Nvidia Shield to the TV (a Samsung Q70R) or playing Netflix/Prime as native apps. Does the TV transcode to DD since the soundbar doesn't support DD+ or does the soundbar do that or will I just have stereo?

Thanks

Have had the Soundbar about a week, really impressed with sound and function.
At the moment it’s sitting on a table about a foot and a half below the TV which is wall mounted. I’d like to mount the soundbar just below the TV,but I’m having trouble finding a suitable mount. I tried to order the all in one mount which attaches to the TV then the Bar but their appears to be no stock. Would I be ok with the Samsung wall mounts their on EBay. Or any other suggestions
Thanks
Ian

Hi
I’m glad you’re pleased with the soundbar I think they are a bit of a bargain. I think you would be fine with the brackets on eBay they should work just fine.

Hi, how is this Soundbar in the Clear Voice mode?

I've been wondering igf I should blow my budget a bit getting this soundbar for 350 EUR, or stick with Yamaha YAS209 for 230 EUR or so.

Also, Is the WiFi streaming stable? Especially Spotify connect.

I've been wondering igf I should blow my budget a bit getting this soundbar for 350 EUR, or stick with Yamaha YAS209 for 230 EUR or so.

I cannot answer your question about the WiFi but will just say I own this and bought it primarily to watch movies (4K and Blu-ray discs) in the evening at lower volumes without bothering my neighbours. Also use it regularly for general tv watching and my Playstation 4.
Previous to this I tried my luck with an LG then a Yamaha...both were budget soundbars (around 100 quid) and both were absolute rubbish...complete waste of money.
The price on this had just dropped from about 500 down to 350 euros so thought I would give it a go based on all the positive reviews.
Prior to this I had a very expensive 7.2 Atlantic Technology surround set-up with a Denon receiver.
Anyway, long story short...I have been extremely impressed by this soundbar and the quality of sound it puts out.
I keep it in 'Smart Mode' and volume rarely goes above '10' (goes up to 50 or 60 I think)...There is very little to zero sense of surround sound going on but the sheer quality of sound and deep bass it puts out makes up for it. I'm very impressed so much good sound comes out of something with such a small footprint!
I'll pay it the ultimate compliment and say it almost has me feeling I do not miss a proper surround sound set-up of speakers all around the room.
I cannot comment on Clear Voice and I have not tested it as most people were saying leave in Smart Mode and forget about it.
If you ask because you were concerned about clarity of dialog from movies I would not worry- it's crystal clear.
Very well balanced and rich sounding overall. If you can, I'd try to buy one with the option to return it if you don't like it.
I'd be very surprised if there is anything around the 350 price range offering this level of sound quality...just my 2 cents.

I cannot answer your question about the WiFi but will just say I own this and bought it primarily to watch movies (4K and Blu-ray discs) in the evening at lower volumes without bothering my neighbours. Also use it regularly for general tv watching and my Playstation 4.
Previous to this I tried my luck with an LG then a Yamaha...both were budget soundbars (around 100 quid) and both were absolute rubbish...complete waste of money.
The price on this had just dropped from about 500 down to 350 euros so thought I would give it a go based on all the positive reviews.
Prior to this I had a very expensive 7.2 Atlantic Technology surround set-up with a Denon receiver.
Anyway, long story short...I have been extremely impressed by this soundbar and the quality of sound it puts out.
I keep it in 'Smart Mode' and volume rarely goes above '10' (goes up to 50 or 60 I think)...There is very little to zero sense of surround sound going on but the sheer quality of sound and deep bass it puts out makes up for it. I'm very impressed so much good sound comes out of something with such a small footprint!
I'll pay it the ultimate compliment and say it almost has me feeling I do not miss a proper surround sound set-up of speakers all around the room.
I cannot comment on Clear Voice and I have not tested it as most people were saying leave in Smart Mode and forget about it.
If you ask because you were concerned about clarity of dialog from movies I would not worry- it's crystal clear.
Very well balanced and rich sounding overall. If you can, I'd try to buy one with the option to return it if you don't like it.
I'd be very surprised if there is anything around the 350 price range offering this level of sound quality...just my 2 cents.

Hey, thanks for taking the time replying! It put things into perspective since you can personally compare with real surround sets.

The Smart Mode is new to me and indeed it's a nice feature. The Samsung integration with its own TV is big big plus, too.

I have heard several similar experience like yours with regard to this soundbar. I have feeling I will definitely like this soundbar.

I'm pretty much convinced with this bar sonic performance, now it all boils down to justifying the price based on my financial performance (lol).

Thanks again!

Hey, thanks for taking the time replying! It put things into perspective since you can personally compare with real surround sets.

The Smart Mode is new to me and indeed it's a nice feature. The Samsung integration with its own TV is big big plus, too.

I have heard several similar experience like yours with regard to this soundbar. I have feeling I will definitely like this soundbar.

I'm pretty much convinced with this bar sonic performance, now it all boils down to justifying the price based on my financial performance (lol).

Thanks again!

The price is always a concern- it's not cheap but not super expensive either I've seen some soundbars for over 1000 euros.
I believe the price/performance ratio is very strong- you get a lot of quality for the money. My objective was to get the cheapest possible soundbar (as I had just moved home and was broke!) but with good quality as my ears had been spoiled by my previous set up.
I think in the long run if you can afford this, and you decide to buy this, you will be happier rather than getting a less expensive model and compromising on sound quality. I'd honestly be shocked if anything selling for less than 350 euros sounded anywhere as near as good as the Samsung.
Just my 2 cents!

I dont use clear voice I use smart and have no problems with the vocals, btw this bar has a graphic equaliser which can be accessed by either remote or the multiroom app so you can always alter the frequencies to what you prefer. re wi-fi I cast music to mine using either the multiroom app on my phone or pc. its also possible to cast music directly to the bar from a windows 10 pc. You just have to add the bar as a device and then right click on a music file and select cast and the bar appears that's it.

I have this bar and the rears on a second system. Is it worth adding the 700 subwoofer for £200 please?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom