Question Samsung hw-k950 and xbox one S

Discussion in 'Soundbars, Soundplates & Soundbases' started by petekv32, Jan 22, 2018.

1. petekv32

petekv32

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Hi, just trying to set up these!
    Trawling through main thread not found answer as yet. I have only just managed to get a picture from the xBox, only by setting it to 1080p.
    So my Xbox One S is connected to HDMI 1 one on sound bar, HDMI then ARC to LG, B6 OLED TV.
    Does anyone know how to get the bar to pass through 4K, UHD? Manual says it does but fails with invalid format when I try.
    HDMI passes signal fine to TV when connected directly, but obviously don't then get full surround choice.
    Baffled!!
    Thanks

2. dts

dts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,890
    Make sure you set the hdmi imput on your TV to deep colour. Then the tv will reboot its self, then go into your Xbox settings in picture and sound.. Check that all the 4k settings are [emoji736] in green, make sure you also download the dolby Atmos app from the Xbox store(its free) and another app called "Insects"

3. dts

dts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,890
    Let us know how you get on, I'm at home now so if you struggle I can send pics of how to set it up.

4. petekv32

petekv32

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Many thanks dts, much appreciated. Done that, and the bit also was changing one of the HDMI cables! I now get UHD picture ok, surround sound but so far no Atmos! Will check/re-install the app tomorrow and see what happens.
    Thanks again.
    Pete

5. petekv32

petekv32

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Still no sound.... Really getting frustrated with this!
    Changed cable, got xbox set to bitstream, dolby atoms for home cinema. Plugged straight into sound bar. Works for normal surround (when not set to atmos) soon as I select atoms, sound of silence...
    Trying the demos also in the atmos dolby access app. Nothing...

6. dts

dts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,890
    Leave the soundbar on, make sure you use the hdmi cable that came with the Xbox... Restart your Xbox... And also make sure you have the latest firmware installed you need the samsung multiroom app, and update it from there.

7. petekv32

petekv32

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Thanks dts, done all that. get sound from blu-ray, have to change xbox settings to dolby digital... But soon as I go back to atmos for home theatre.. Silence.

8. petekv32

petekv32

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    OK, getting there! Switched everything off at the plug. Left for half an hour, switched back on and set dynamic range control off!! Not sure what that is. Now works for app and UHD blu-ray. Just have to plug headphones back in and see what happens then!
    Thanks for your help. Atmos sounds very good I must say. Even on a soundbar.