Samsung HW-K450 - no sound on HDMI input

KStu51

Novice Member
Current setup of LG C1:
HDMI 1, 3 & 4: Xbox, PC, Chromecast -> LG C1 -> Samsung K450 sound bar via eARC channel
HDMI 2: Nintendo Switch -> Samsung K450 sound bar -> LG C1

I have no audio issues with HDMI input 1, 3 & 4.

On HDMI 2 however, the picture from the Switch goes to the TV, but no audio comes out of the sound bar. If I power on the Switch, the TV changes to HDMI 2 and the sound bar changes inputs from D.In (ARC) to HDMI. If I change the C1's input to another source, the sound bar changes back to D.In (ARC). While on HDMI 2, the sound bar will go to sleep after a couple of minutes, I'm assuming because it does have any audio going to it.

Any ideas on a fix?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
If the TV and Soundbar are both eARC enabled you can try disabling HDMI CEC control.

If you need to retain HDMI CEC control try connecting devices to the system in a different order.

If you need to retain HDMI CEC control you have to remember that the TV is the 'Hub' in a CEC system and you have no way to adjust that.

When you connect devices to the TV with HDMI CEC control enabled the TV creates a map devices - it can be useful to add devices one at a time and allow a few mins before you add the next device to allow the TV to create the CEC map.

Joe

KStu51

Novice Member
If the TV and Soundbar are both eARC enabled you can try disabling HDMI CEC control.

If you need to retain HDMI CEC control try connecting devices to the system in a different order.

If you need to retain HDMI CEC control you have to remember that the TV is the 'Hub' in a CEC system and you have no way to adjust that.

When you connect devices to the TV with HDMI CEC control enabled the TV creates a map devices - it can be useful to add devices one at a time and allow a few mins before you add the next device to allow the TV to create the CEC map.

Joe
TV has eARC but sound bar only has ARC. Worked fine when I set it all up a month ago. Not sure what would have changed to break it.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
LG TV - which Input is marked eARC/ARC and do you have that connected to the ARC socket on the Soundbar?

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom