Samsung HW-E551 2.1-channel Soundbar Review & Comments

So, I called Samsung support yesterday and they said the only way that both the tv and the sound bar would turn off and turn on at the same time is by using OPTICAL CABLE. They ran me through all the steps and it would somewhat work but not fully. It would turn off the tv, not the sound bar which was okay because there was no audio coming from the sound bar when the tv was turned off, so it's no big deal that the sound bar doesn't fully turn off but this way, I wasn't able to use the cable company's remote, i was forced to use the sound bar remote, I guess I can come over that by using the harmony one when i get it tomorrow(USPS failed as usual and did not deliver it yesterday).

Another annoying thing about this optical cable route is, I have to turn off the AnyNet+ off on both the tv and the soundbar.

This whole soundbar and tv working together thing seems to be a bit messy.

Steve, is there any other REAL WIRELESS SOUND SYSTEMS out there?

Where you can put your soundbar or speakers anywhere you want in your living room without any wires attached to them?

When you get the Harmony remote, you can just load in the TV and Soundbar remote controls and then create a little macro to turn both on together and another to turn them both off. Or you could just use the Harmony to turn them both off directly, one after the other. You will have to press two buttons but it doesn't seem that onerous to me, perhaps I'm just old-fashioned.

I can't think of any other models that have completely wireless speakers off the top of my head.

Thanks Steve. One other question, why is the color red shaky on this UN55ES7100 TV I purchased? If there is something on tv with a red background, say a red apple, it's moving, kinda shaky. Is this normal on these type of TVs or did I get a lemon?

When you get the Harmony remote, you can just load in the TV and Soundbar remote controls and then create a little macro to turn both on together and another to turn them both off. Or you could just use the Harmony to turn them both off directly, one after the other. You will have to press two buttons but it doesn't seem that onerous to me, perhaps I'm just old-fashioned.

I can't think of any other models that have completely wireless speakers off the top of my head.

Steve,

I got the remote today and had it setup via logitech's software but I still have the same issue. How can I create this macro you were talking about?

Thanks

Hi,

Would someone be able to help me please, I have a Samsung 8000 series, + Samsung Soundbar HW-E551, + sky HD, + Samsung blu-ray player.

I'm struggling with my sound bar cable setup, the HDMI ports are in the sub woofer.

I have hdmi from sky to sub woofer hdmi 1
I have hdmi from bluray to sub woofer hdmi 2
I have hdmi from sub woofer hdmi out to TV

Anynet + is working but only shows the blu-ray player and sound to the sound bar is working.

Sky HD only shows visual, no sound?

Anynet + does not show a satellite device?

Anyone know where I'm going wrong, thanks in advance if anyone can help.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom