Samsung HW-D450 vs HW-C450 Sound Bar - Torrodial Ferrite Core?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by humfer, Jan 1, 2012.

1. humfer

humfer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Bought the HW-D450 on Saturday and very impressed so far for what it is. However in the first day noticed the telly having its source input randomly changed away from HDMI 1 a couple of times. Did a quick google search and found loads of similar complaints but all linked to the previous model. Read the manual a bit more and noticed I hadn't added the ferrite core to the sub. Not sure if it's just chance but not had any issues since added the ferrite core. Also note the the HW-C450 did not have them. Does this suggest this is the fix for the original C450 problem?

2. humfer

humfer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well problem has resurfaced twice in the last 24 hours - once with unit on standby and again when unit on. Have emailed Samsung but going to take it back to John Lewis for replacement at weekend

3. brightonion

brightonion
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

My problem is similar to yours, my sound bar will always go to "Digi 1" after about 30 of being on, even when i've already changed to "HDMI 1" where my media box is connected to. Not really a problem but frustrating none the less, if anyone has any ideas of how I can sort this out it would be appreciated. I do have the Torrodial Ferrite Core attached to the sub as described in the user manual so I'm ruling that out but I've not really been through many of the settings/set-up so could well have missed something, apologies if there's something fundamental i missed, i'm not particularly techie!

Thanks