• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung HW 6500R not connecting through ARC

chris202

Novice Member
HI all,

Really appreciate any comments on this problem as it's driving me crazy!

Fed up with the Wifi continuously disconnecting from the soundbar and loosing sound so trying to hard wire through TV ARC HDMI option.

So I have a Samsung sound bar and Samsung TV both with ARC HDMI connections. Go into settings on TV and there is no option for ARC in the sound settings option -only the sound bar wifi. The manual says select DIN for the sound bar, but still no good.

I've just spent almost £50 on a super dooper cable as I read somewhere need one. It's directional and I've ensured is the correct way around.

I've also enabled the CEC function on the TV. I'm now officially Stuck.

Any suggestions would be great fully received.

I've lost the soundbar remote, but doubt if this is the problem as I can control the entire bar from the buttons on top.

Please please help me....

Many thanks

Chris.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
ARC - requires you to enable CEC on both devices, then enable ARC and then (usually) select 'external speakers' in the TV menu.

Super Dooper Cable - is that a New Certification programme :)

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom