Samsung HU7500 (UE48HU7500) AVForums TV Review

Hello, I was just wondering whether this set has a lighter strip about 1cm running across the bottom. Every 55" set I have had has this lighter band and is more noticeable with midtone images. Is it something that just happens on every Samsung edge lit TV?

Wonder if this Will give me more than my 51F8500?
Specially considering my 3.0 meter viewing..

Once the price comes down closer to £1000 this shall be my upgrade over a 46" F7000 hopefully march/april next year.

Got mine last friday, been fiddeling All day but i keep having artefacts around complex Moving objects. It is a kind of Digital shadow (halo) for instance in Godzilla after 20 min where the chopper flies through the city and the camera passes behind a fence. @Marcc, do you have any clue?

I was thinking of buying this tv until I walked into Richer Sounds one day and watched the 4K demo; running from a USB flash drive I was told. It had exactly the kind of ghosting you describe. Really put me off. I don't want to spend all day fiddling with the settings so I can watch sport and then again so I can watch The news.

It seemed pretty poor that they didn't have the demo working perfectly.

The halo effect is caused by the sharpness being too high. The same thing happens when using Unsharp mask in Photoshop you get a halo effect which ends up being worse with a poorer picture. I have sharpness at 20, although the Reviewers recommended setting is 0. I think the 4K sets are more fussy with the sharpness levels.

Do the 48" and 55" differ in input lag after latest update or do they both perform at 45ms with Game preset and PC edit?

Hello, is it possible to know whether the same input lag is utilized now by the 55".
It's really important as it will affect my decision of which model to buy.

Kind regards

Dear Mark,
got my UE48HU7500 yesterday. Could you please post calibration settings of your review?

I also bought this TV today and would really appreciate you to post your calibration settings.
I know that they may be slightly different depending on each TV but that would be a great start for me to try to calibrate it since i don't have any tool for it.
Thank you in advance.

Calibration settings would be superb! Pretty please?
Hi there

Give these a whirl ,these are what i use on my 48" and love them :)

Picture Mode : Standard

Backlight : 10
Contrast : 91
Brightness : 45
Sharpness : 0
Colour & Tint : 50

Picture Size : Screen Fit

Advanced Settings

Dynamic Contrast / Black Tone : Off
Flesh Tone : 0
Colour Space : Custom

Red 33, 0, 0
Green 11, 48, 0
Blue 0, 3, 50
Yellow 51, 49 ,0
Cyan 10, 49, 54
Magenta 30, 3, 47

White Balance

+ 22, +3, +10, +13, -10, +5

Gamma -2

Picture Options

Colour Tone : Warm 2
DCV / Mpeg NF : Off
Film Mode : Auto 1
Motion Plus : Clear
Smart LED : Standard

I use these settings for Sky HD and Blu Ray :)

They look fantastic on MY Tv under my Room conditions , they may not suit you

The issue I have with so many settings on here is the low sharpness or zero settings, it reduces HD channels to a soft/blurred SD look to me!

The issue I have with so many settings on here is the low sharpness or zero settings, it reduces HD channels to a soft/blurred SD look to me!
Different Strokes for different folks i guess :)

I'm more than Happy to have it set to 0 but a quick tweak up to 10 or 20 on the very odd occasion requires minimal effort :p

Hi,
I am really interested to know which HDMI input is selected on start-up. Does it auto-select depending on which device is powered on (PVR, DVD, XBOX etc) or does it default to input 1 and you have to cycle through the inputs until your picture appears.
thanks
Tom

It starts up on last used input regardless of whether the source is powered.

Hi there

Give these a whirl ,these are what i use on my 48" and love them :)

Picture Mode : Standard

Backlight : 10
Contrast : 91
Brightness : 45
Sharpness : 0
Colour & Tint : 50

Picture Size : Screen Fit

Advanced Settings

Dynamic Contrast / Black Tone : Off
Flesh Tone : 0
Colour Space : Custom

Red 33, 0, 0
Green 11, 48, 0
Blue 0, 3, 50
Yellow 51, 49 ,0
Cyan 10, 49, 54
Magenta 30, 3, 47

White Balance

+ 22, +3, +10, +13, -10, +5

Gamma -2

Picture Options

Colour Tone : Warm 2
DCV / Mpeg NF : Off
Film Mode : Auto 1
Motion Plus : Clear
Smart LED : Standard

I use these settings for Sky HD and Blu Ray :)

They look fantastic on MY Tv under my Room conditions , they may not suit you
Thanks

I have had this tv for nearly two years now, the 55 inch version, and i can honestly say it has the best picture i have ever seen on a tv. i guess i am one of the lucky ones who got an actual samsung panel, i have not got the one connect box to upgrade it though, i think that mainly upgrades the smart part of the tv to tizen, so i am not to bothered about that, although i have heard that this box will give a certain type of hdr to the right panel version on this tv.

I was recently looking at the free uhd channel on the astra satellite and it was amazing picture quality, i was really impressed just a few scenes on a loop, the scrambler going through the puddle was fantastic, then i changed my settings from standard to dynamic and the picture nearly jumped out of the screen, and when i put it in football mode it must be what hdr looks like, as i think this just messes around with your settings anyway from what i read in other threads.

Does anyone who owns this tv have the sek 3500 one connect box. and does it really improve the picture quality that much, as it is too expensive for me if it does not.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom